- AB-22, Calgary, AB, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Join our NRB Modular Solutions team, where our people are driven by a desire to innovate, do social good, and move construction forward.
As a Carpenter’s Helper, reporting to the Lead Hand, you will assist tradespersons in the construction of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, steel and other materials. Based in our Calgary manufacturing plant, this is a full time position working Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Assembly of basic carpentry elements with supervision.
- Assisting tradesmen and production workers on site to carry out work on new manufactured and renovated buildings.
- Interior renovation work that includes removing paneling, removing walls, pounding staples, and removing studs. You will install sheets of drywall to interior and insulate; measuring, cutting, shaping, assembling and joining moldings, wood materials, drywall and plastic materials.
- Exterior renovation work that includes the following: Removing sheeting and nails, pounding staples/nails and re-nailing sheeting. Use of scaffolding is often necessary.
- Roof work that includes the following: Inspecting and wear of fall protection gear. You will remove sheets, remove joists and remove insulation. Under sheathing work
- includes ensuring the building is properly positioned on cribbing, removing sheets/joists, insulations. You must wear a particle mask.
- Framing work includes the general layout and construction of walls and building.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to learn under Journeyperson.
- Award winning safety culture.
- Work indoors year-round.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Work requires some knowledge of the construction/ manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 6 months basic carpentry experience and/or experience working on construction sites.
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Need to possess knowledge of the operation of a coil nailer and in some cases a simplex jack.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.