General Helper-Remote Baffin, NU
- Mary River, NU, Mary River, NU, Canada
Horizon North provides a full range of industrial, commercial, and residential products and services to customers across Canada under our two operating divisions: Industrial Services and Modular Solutions. On the Industrial Services side of our business, we use our unparalleled expertise in camps and catering and access solutions to deliver performance and productivity to our clients who are working in remote regions.
Is Camp Life for you?
Rewarding. Motivating. Fun. Just some of the words employees use to describe their careers at Horizon North. As a part of our team, you are encouraged to strive for excellence in everything you do. Our focus is on personal and professional growth and we value our employees as the center of Horizon North’s success.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Based in a world class Horizon North camp facility, the regular shift for this position 10-12 hours/day. Baffin is a fly in, fly out facility. Travel is paid.
The General Helper is responsible for assisting in the overall kitchen operations and maintenance as well as cleaning and sanitizing of designated kitchen areas, tools, equipment, pots, and dishes.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing and a fitness assessment, as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Wash, scrub, clean, and sanitize designated kitchen and dining areas
- Clean kitchen and dining room floors and tables
- Clean refrigerators, ovens, and other kitchen equipment
- Wash pots, dishes, glasses, cups, etc., after each meal and as required
- Deep cleaning as required
- Restock and rotate desserts, sandwiches, beverages, and condiments
- Assist in loading, unloading, and placing supplies and inventory
- Ensure health and safety regulations and quality standards are maintained
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a minimum 6 months’ kitchen or catering experience in Food Service Industry, hospitality environment or remote lodge setting
- You are fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have at least FoodSafe Level I. SafeCheck advanced food safety certification or HACCP certification is an asset.
- You are able to prioritize multiple demands and organize a work schedule
- You are able to obtain a mark of 80% or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
Dexterra and Horizon North are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Currently, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies, Thank you