Facility Maintenance Site Superintendent
- Fort McMurray, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
Dexterra is currently seeking an Facility Maintenance Site Superintendent for an upcoming contract opportunity.
If secured the anticipated project will provide full oversight of the facility and leadership of our team of staff.
Based in Fort McMurray, you will provide leadership to trades and non-trade employees on a daily basis. You will also be responsible for maintaining system performance within the parameters set out in the performance contract defined in the services contract (Project Agreement) and will assist in collecting data and reporting on those measurable deliverables. The facilities maintenance superintendent will demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge in standards associated to plant operations in an industrial environment with documented successes in managing staff, contractors, and supplier relations. They will possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and have the ability to work effectively under pressure during critical system maintenance and failures. Detailed job description will be shared with select candidates but some of the duties will include:
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to direct reports and subcontracted multidiscipline trade teams.
- Manage and assess workloads, matching exiting personnel resource needs to operational demands and adjusts accordingly
- Enforce observation of guidelines, rules and regulations of health and safety as well as infection control appropriate to the area of work by subordinates
- Provide recommendations to site leadership for optimizing building operations
- Develop and maintain commissioning logs, recommended action steps and equipment checklists
- Gather, catalog and assemble O&M manuals and training documentation for all equipment
- Represent the operation with a positive and professional attitude
- Adhere to the occupational health and safety acts and other legislative enactments
- Meets with sales representatives in the selection of parts, materials and equipment
- A professional Designation in Mechanical or Electrical systems
- Current Journeyman trade certificate in a related discipline
- BAS experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in plant operations, plus a minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to participate in multidiscipline activities
- Intermediate skills in working with the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Be part of a place where people matter, benefits start on first day on the job
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader
- Empowered to make a difference!