- Jansen, Leroy, SK, Canada
Horizon North provides a full range of industrial, commercial, and residential products and services to customers across Canada under our two operating divisions: Industrial Services and Modular Solutions. On the Industrial Services side of our business, we use our unparalleled expertise in camps and catering and access solutions to deliver performance and productivity to our clients who are working in remote regions.
Is Camp Life for you?
Rewarding. Motivating. Fun. Just some of the words employees use to describe their careers at Horizon North. As a part of our team, you are encouraged to strive for excellence in everything you do. Our focus is on personal and professional growth and we value our employees as the center of Horizon North’s success.
Based in a world class Horizon North camp facility, the regular shift for this position is a forty (40) hour work week with with part-time, twenty (20) - thirty (30) hours per week, opportunities available. You will be required to have transportation to and from site in Jansen.
Make an Impact
The Janitor is responsible for creating and maintaining the cleanliness of our facilities to the highest level. As this is a large site, this position involves a great amount of walking, moving from rooms to rooms within the site.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
What you’ll do
- Maintain cleanliness of camps and surrounding areas by: sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, washing windows, interior walls and ceilings vents; vacuuming and sanitizing all areas in camp including: -Main Entrances -Office areas -Utility Room -Gym and recreation room -Washrooms -Laundry Room
- Wash, scrub, clean, and sanitizing designated kitchen and dining areas
- Wax and stripping floors
- Conduct site inspections
- Remove snow from hallways, sidewalks, driveways as required
- Empty garbage daily, and disinfecting the containers
- Ensure health and safety regulations and quality standards are maintained
- Assist with checking inventories and cleaning supplies
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required
Who you are
- You have knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Ideally, you have related experience in camp setting or hotel/institutional environment; commercial cleaning is considered an asset
- You are fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to prioritize multiple demands and organize a work schedule
- You have a strong customer service focus and ability to maintain a positive attitude
- You have an ability and desire to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player
- You are able to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 35 pounds
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
Dexterra and Horizon North are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Currently, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies, Thank you