- Jansen, Leroy, SK, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Based in a world class Horizon North camp facility, the regular shift for this position is a forty (40) hour work week with with part-time, twenty (20) - thirty (30) hours per week, opportunities available. You will be required to have transportation to and from site in Jansen.
Make an Impact
The Housekeeper is responsible in ensuring the over-all cleanliness of our facilities to the highest level.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
What you’ll do
- Conducting walk-downs - cleaning 30 rooms per day and may vary depending on client occupancy
- Full housekeeping services in guest rooms and hallways:
- Making the beds and changing linen weekly; or as needed
- Vacuuming and dusting all room furniture blinds including hallways
- Washing, scrubbing and sanitizing bathroom, windows and mirrors
- Emptying garbage from all sleeping areas including trash and recycling collection
- Washing and folding towels, linens and beddings
- Loading and unloading of laundry and linen truck as well as supplies
- Maintaining an accurate record of all bedding allotted in lodge, assist with the inventory, and report any shortages to the Lodge Manager
- Ensure health and safety regulations and quality standards are maintained
- Participate in HNCC Workplace Health & Safety Initiatives – including the potential requirement to be a Fire Warden
- Provide mentorship and training to new staff
- Perform other related duties as required
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a minimum 6 months’ janitorial and/or housekeeping experience
- You have knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Ideally, you have related experience in remote lodge setting or hotel/institutional environment; commercial cleaning is considered an asset
- You are fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability and desire to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player
- You are able to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 35 pounds
- You are able to obtain a mark of 80% or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.