Custodial Facilities Management Estimator
- 240 4 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 4H4, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
As a Custodial Facilities Management Estimator, reporting to the Vice President Services, Solutions & Implementation, you will oversee the cost estimation and analytics function at Dexterra Group for custodial facilities management services. In this role, you will be involved in the pricing of a wide variety of contracts including soliciting subcontractor pricing where required. The Custodial Facilities Management Estimator also prices solutions for new business and existing customer rebids and expansions, including gathering of appropriate salary and benefit costs, estimation of supplies, material and equipment costs, identification of competent subcontractors, issuing subcontractor RFPs, tracking progress on projects, adhering to project pricing deadlines and completion of bid packages.
Your work will include:
- Reviews Performance Work Statement/Scope of Work from clients, customers, and local contract sites to verify accuracy, developing questions as needed.
- Develop estimates and pricing in response to client/customer RFP, utilizing various sources including internal data, and external estimating such as RS Means.
- Create and solicits the Performance Work Statement/Scope of Work to vendors, tracks progress, record pricing data and submits to contract sites or Business Development.
- Confers with vendors and analyzes vendor's operations to determine factors that affect prices. May recommend use of alternative parts, materials, or methods to reduce costs.
- Schedules site visits with Business Development and/or local contract sites if available.
- Reviews quotes received from vendors for accuracy.
- Attends meetings with Business Development and/or Site teams in relation to assigned projects.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A place where people matter, not only at work but in the community
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader
- Job security as we are in growth mode
- Very competitive compensation package
- Benefits coverage starts on your first day
- Multiple career paths and advancement opportunities through various Dexterra Group divisions.
Follow Dexterra Group on LinkedIn.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A minimum of 5 years of experience providing facilities maintenance and cost estimating services.
- Detailed understanding of industry standards for Custodial service.
- Preparation of proposal pricing disclosures
- Gathering and populating databases
- Strong analytical and communication skills supported by advanced Excel skills
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, takes ownership and has pride in their work, resilient, self-starter, and a has a can-do attitude
- Ability to work across departments
- Four-year college degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, engineering, or facilities management
- 30% travel required
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.