Technical Facilities Management Estimator
- 6535 Millcreek Dr, Mississauga, ON L5N, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
As a Technical Facilities Management Estimator, reporting to the Vice President Services, Solutions & Implementation, you will provide both estimating and operational support to the Facility Services business. In this role, you will lead or support all estimating activities on assigned bids and opportunities (new, renewal and expansions), including design of the service delivery model, staffing, and RFx/contract review. The Technical Facilities Management Estimator will also leverage technical expertise to provide operational support with respect to opportunities/bids while advising on risk, strategy, and solution development for contracts pursued or renewed.
Your work will include:
- Prepare estimates of materials, labour and equipment for pursuits based on RFx, and specifications, whether formal or negotiated.
- Adhere to bidding processes, examine and analyze bid documents (commercially and technically).
- Maintain a comprehensive estimating process, understand cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with operations, engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and consultants.
- Support Sales & Operations and Dexterra Group Legal, as required, on contract review completion and ensuring wider stakeholders are involved and informed.
- Facilitate or complete proposal tasks as directed by the Bid Management or Operational Lead on any given pursuit.
- Participation and support of the sales process as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A place where people matter, not only at work but in the community
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader
- Job security as we are in growth mode
- Very competitive compensation package
- Benefits coverage starts on your first day
- Multiple career paths and advancement opportunities through various Dexterra Group divisions.
Follow Dexterra Group on LinkedIn.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- University degree or post-secondary diploma / certificate preferred FM designations preferred, e.g. Stationary/Power Engineer, FMA (BOMA), FMP (IFMA) P.Eng, C.E.T., etc.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in Facility Management/Building/Plant Operations
- Budget development, management and reporting experience is an asset.
- Subcontract tendering and scope development Maintenance experience is an asset.
- Detailed understanding of industry standards e.g. RS Means, ASHRAE, CSA.
- Program development and implementation is an asset.
- Staffing requirement estimating and scheduling is an asset.
- Strong commercial awareness and client interface skills/experience at all levels
- Knowledge of FM, construction, property management, and/or consulting related to buildings
- High performer who has the ability to handle multiple or concurrent tasks as part of a bid team
- Fundamental project management experience and working within high performing small teams
- Ability to write, present and interface at a high level, i.e. with owners, C-level, consultants, and colleagues.
- Operations Software application expertise
- Expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe DC or equivalents
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.