- 5637 67 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 2R8, Canada
Horizon North provides a full range of industrial, commercial, and residential products and services to customers across Canada under our two operating divisions: Industrial Services and Modular Solutions. On the Industrial Services side of our business, we use our unparalleled expertise in camps and catering and access solutions to deliver performance and productivity to our clients who are working in remote regions.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Workforce, the Workforce Coordinator is responsible for staff scheduling needs of Horizon North Camps & Catering. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a face-paced, team-orientated environment. This position is based out of Horizon North Camps & Catering office in Edmonton Alberta and is a one year contract position.
- Identify available and qualified staff to perform role required at each site and schedule them accordingly
- Communicate with field staff to confirm conditions and requirements of upcoming role at site
- Coordinate with leadership on staff scheduled to arrive at site
- Coordinate staff transportation to and from site
- Forecast staffing needs for sites based on rotational schedules provided from site
- Ensure all staff tracking/scheduling systems are maintained and up-to-date
- Coordinate and check-in staff on staff change days, ensuring they are fully prepared before boarding transportation to site
- Ensure grocery items are ordered and presented during staff changes
- Assist with creating and advertising job postings
- Conduct telephone interviews to evaluate if the applicant (be hired)
- Perform reference checks
- Coordinate Pre-Employment tests
- Utilize the applicant tracking system to capture all recruiting and hiring activity
- Create offer letter and notify unsuccessful candidates
- Completes daily and weekly reports on recruitment activities
- Organize and attend job fairs, trade shows and other recruitment events
- Create and maintain up-to-date tracking spreadsheet
- Assist in the onboarding process
- Assist with other administrative duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of High School Diploma is required
- 1+ years of experience in workforce management preferred
- 1+ years of experience working in remote sites preferred
- 1 + years of experience in an HR administrative and/or recruitment role
- Ability to efficiently review and select resumes that meet company requirements for further screening
- Proficiency in MS Office and windows based computer systems
- An understanding of human rights legislation and employment standards is preferred
- Must be flexible in work schedule to meet changing deadlines, including working on after hours “on-call” duties
Office environment with a flexible work schedule, potentially requiring work on evenings and weekends. Trained, as necessary, in required safety protocols.
Must be willing to work additional hours as required.
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
Dexterra and Horizon North are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Currently, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies, Thank you