Housekeeping Lead Hand - Semiahmoo
- 1701 152 St, Surrey, BC V4A 4N3, Canada
Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors. At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity. Because, service matters!
• Accountability: We don’t just walk by. We own our successes and our setbacks. If we see something wrong, we act to resolve it. If we see something right, we celebrate it.
• Diversity of Thought: Everyone has a voice. Listening to and sharing different perspectives is how we learn. It’s how we make progress and move forward as a team.
• Empowerment: We’re empowered to make decisions. But with freedom comes responsibility. We accept it, sharing and learning from the outcomes.
• Highly Responsive: Service is what we sell. Asking for, listening to and acting on client feedback is how we create long term, successful partnerships.
We're looking for a motivated, reliable and quality-driven Housekeeping Lead Hand to join our team at Semiahmoo Shopping Center. This position is full-time, Wednesday to Sunday with working hours from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Reporting directly to the Manager, the Lead Hand will ensure a germ-free environment, securing and maintaining tools/equipment used to perform the day to day work and performing other duties as assigned or requested.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Opening and closing the shift
- Ensuring all member of the team are aware of their daily responsibilities
- Training new staff members
- Providing access keys, PPE and supplies as needed
- Cleaning responsibilities :
- Common area cleaning
- Cleaning washrooms
- Collecting and transporting garbage
- Sweeping and mopping the floor
- Vacuuming the carpets
- High dusting the common area
- Cleaning windows
- Operating the auto scrubber
- Operating the carpet extractor
- Completes all other duties as required or assigned by the Manager
- Participate in educational programs and in-service trainings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Complete assigned tasks in a professional manner and within the time frame provided.
- Adhere to the Occupational Health & Safety Act and related legislation.
- Represent the department with a professional and positive attitude.
- Perform other related duties as required and as assigned by the Manager.
We are looking for..
- A Great Attitude!
- A good communicator with interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in housekeeping.
- Ability to read and write.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials.
- A clear criminal background check is required for this role.
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.