Janitorial Site Superintendent
- Plant Rd, Chalk River, ON K0J 1J0, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
The Janitorial Site Superintendent, reporting to the Account Director, will supervise and coordinate all Custodians, and will be responsible for creating and maintaining the cleanliness of our site facilities to the highest level.
Your work will include:
- Meet daily with Manager to discuss any duties or requirements pertaining to work area
- Provide subordinates with positive leadership and set an example of expected requirements;
- Conduct site inspections using company provided technology
- This is a working position and requires a minimum of 50% of your time spent completing site janitorial tasks daily
- Assist with general cleaning, including, but not limited to: trash removal; dusting; cleaning restrooms, break rooms, offices, classrooms, cafeteria seating and laboratory areas, and window washing
- Assist with floor maintenance; sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming floors, buffing floors, stripping and waxing floors, carpet cleaning, carpet spotting, upholstery cleaning
- Ability to assist with orders and deliveries
- Must be able to read and explain SDS sheets
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- We will provide training.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Floor care experience is required (able to scrub, buff and polish floors)
- Able to operate cleaning equipment and machine (Auto scrubber, swing machine, burnisher and any others required)
- Ability to communicate with client and co-workers, using people skills to establish relationships and resolve conflicts
- WHIMIS certified required
- IPAC training an asset
- Ability to bend, turn, stoop, stand, reach high and low, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for 3 to 8 hours per shift.
- A clear criminal background check and security clearance is required for this role.
- Valid drivers license required
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.