- 5637 67 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 2R8, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Chef is responsible for the proper and timely preparation of meals including, but not limited to, food service, food safety and supervision of kitchen staff.
The position involves a remote work lifestyle in a camp setting with the following amenities:
- All meals and accommodation provided free of charge
- Private room
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Cable TV in your room
- Linens & towels provided
- Access to a gym
- Travel provided (Out of Thunder Bay and Winnipeg)
Key responsibilities include:
- Ordering food and preparing menus.
- Handling, preparation, production, and timely service of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in accordance with approved methods and standards.
- Preparing all meals according to client scheduling and within the menu plan and budget guidelines.
- Preparing adequate quantities of the menu choices and following all production quotas set.
- Preparing food as close to consumption time as possible. Supervising all portioning of meals on serving line to ensure all clients are receiving amounts specified.
- Proper storage and rotation of all food supplies.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Applicants must have a current Food Safe certificate.
- Large scale camp cooking experience is an asset.
- Red Seal or other certifications is an asset.
- First Aid is an asset.
- Experience in accurately producing weekly inventories.
- High standards in maintaining a clean and organized Kitchen.
- Be able to handle the following physical demands:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Perform work with arms at full length.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Ability to expand skills in a large camp atmosphere
- Opportunity to move up in positions
- Zero cost of living while working on site
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Chefs work on a rotational schedule.
Employment contract lengths will vary with each location.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.