- 5637 67 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 2R8, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
We are looking for an experienced, customer-service oriented Camp Manager for one of our 200-400 person camps. Candidates should be self-starters who possess effective skills in communication, time management and organization.
The position involves a remote work lifestyle in a camp setting with the following amenities:
- All meals and accommodation provided free of charge
- Private room
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Cable TV in your room
- Linens & towels provided
- Access to a gym
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of an assigned camp.
- Uphold camp and workplace health and safety standards.
- Meet with clients and provide quality customer service by addressing their special requests and concerns in a prompt and effective manner.
- Supervising, training and managing staff performance issues.
- Manage staff scheduling, payroll and daily and weekly meetings.
- Inspecting, evaluating and ensuring the camp cleanliness, food quality and presentation and controlling inventory to meet or exceed expectation.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Maintain project budget; tracking occupancy, staffing and monitoring expenses.
- Performing administrative tasks which include liaisons with the client, managing room bookings, preparing reports.
- Troubleshooting minor maintenance problems if necessary.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of kitchen operations is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean drivers abstract.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Advanced Food Safety certification and First Aid certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Be able to handle the following physical demands:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Perform work with arms at full length.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Ability to expand skills in a large camp atmosphere
- Opportunity to move up in positions
- Zero cost of living while working on site
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Camp Manager works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays. This job is in a remote location to which there is limited access.
Wages are paid on a day rate basis up to 12 hours per shift. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.