Heavy Duty Cleaner - Weekends
- 190 St, Surrey, BC V3S 9V2, Canada
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
Because, Service matters!
• Accountability: We don’t just walk by. We own our successes and our setbacks. If we see something wrong, we act to resolve it. If we see something right, we celebrate it.
• Diversity of Thought: Everyone has a voice. Listening to and sharing different perspectives is how we learn. It’s how we make progress and move forward as a team.
• Empowerment: We’re empowered to make decisions. But with freedom comes responsibility. We accept it, sharing and learning from the outcomes.
• Highly Responsive: Service is what we sell. Asking for, listening to and acting on client feedback is how we create long term, successful partnerships.
We're looking for motivated, quality-driven Heavy Duty Cleaner to join our team.
This position is part time on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) with workings hours from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, or 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. The hourly pay is $16.00.
Reporting directly to the Manager, the Heavy Duty Cleaner will ensure a germ-free environment, securing and maintaining tools/equipment used to perform the day to day work and performing other duties as assigned or requested.
Duties as listed below but not limited to:
- Sweeping floors
- Mopping wet spills
- Dust mop aisles
- Pick up cases back to the pallet
- Dispose of damaged fruits and vegetable accordingly
- Operate the Organics compactor
- Ensure area is clean and remove any items off the floor
- Collect cardboard boxes, plastics and wood pieces
- Dry wet areas using a wet vacuum
- Completes all other duties as required or assigned by the supervisor
- Must be comfortable working weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable working in 4*C environment
- Must have experience using pallet jack and M30 (Sweeper/Scrubber)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Works in a safe manner and follows safe work instructions and assists in prevention
- Complies with H&S regulations and company safety policies and procedures
- Does not operate any equipment without prior training
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) where required
- Reports any unsafe conditions, hazards and all workplace injuries
- Participates in the early and safe return to work process as per our RTW policy
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.