Facilities Maintenance Technician
- 701 Oxford Street E., London, Ontario, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
We work diligently behind the scenes to make our clients’ day-to-day operations succeed. Not because it’s what our clients want. But rather, what they need. Thousands of people count on them. And on us. For the seamless experiences to carry on with their day – to shop, study, catch a plane, recover in a hospital, work in town or far from home.
No other company delivers service, safety and quality like we do. Our expertise is matched only by our long-standing relationships. From the largest cities to the most remote corners, years of experience have taught us that relationships come above all else. It’s why we take the time to get to know our clients. To understand their customers and the complexities of their business. It’s how we provide innovative solutions that address their unique needs – going above and beyond.
This position is part-time with the possibility of full-time. The Facilities Maintenance Technician (3) team will be responsible for the maintenance of all outdoor areas on site with the possibility of some indoor work. This is a contract position with a term from April 1st until October 1st. We pride ourselves on taking care of our DND properties as if they were our own. If you have experience in general property maintenance duties and enjoy working outside, this position could be for you!
In this position, you will take care of the grounds and basic landscaping at Wolseley Barracks and surrounding London area region National Defense Sites. You will be the face of our company, so customer service is important.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the principal duties of the Facility Maintenance Technician is to conduct general landscaping and building maintenance for sites in the London, Ontario area. The successful individual will be assigned to conduct building services and maintenance repairs for DND site(s).
- Complete a variety of tasks, including but not limited to general upkeep and repairs, painting, landscaping, carpentry, plumbing, and other tasks as required.
- Conducts risk assessments and developed pre-work safety plans/job plans
- Maintain a professional courteous manner and communication with clients, employees, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Maintain tools and materials for the work site
- Perform other related duties as required and as assigned by Contract Representatives.
This tole is part of Integrated Facilities Management Solution that provides a diverse portfolio of services to our client. A requirement of this position, in addition to the duties listed above, is to provide other services as required. These duties are assigned at the sole discretion and frequency of Dexterra as a strategy to respond to timelines and penalty avoidance specific to this contract. While tasks assigned will not require staff to perform tasks requiring certifications they don’t hold, they will be asked to provide tasks as required to maintain a positive and supportive relationship with our client. This could be up to 20% of the job requirement in any given fiscal year.
- Able to repeatedly lift and carry 50lb or less
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be motivated, high energy, and take pride in what you do
- Experience using basic landscaping equipment and hand tools
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict time constraints
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors, and vendors
- AZ driver’s license preferred but not required
Knowledge and Applied Skills
- Attention to detail – it is always better to do it right then to do it twice.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Word, Excel, and database
- Provides verbal and written reports as requested
- Completes assigned tasks in a professional and workmanlike manner
- Completes assigned tasks and close the work orders within time frame given in response time policy
- Adheres to the occupational health and safety acts and other legislative enactment
- Ability to acquire and maintain Security clearance at the Reliability Status level
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, balance crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be comfortable working on ladders, lifts, roof tops, etc
- Job will require inside and outside working. Cold and Heat
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Is expected to be available for a certain amount of overtime and being on-call if necessary.
KEY MEMBERS OF YOUR COMMUNITY:
Manager: Deputy Project Manager
Direct Reports: None
Peers: Project Coordinators
Business stakeholders: : Operation coordinators, FMT’s, DCC inspectors, DCC project coordinators