- Remote, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Second Cook is responsible for Assisting the First Cook in the preparation of all menu items as needed in the camp.
The position involves a remote work lifestyle in a camp setting with the following amenities:
- All meals and accommodation provided free of charge
- Private room
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Cable TV in your room
- Linens & towels provided
- Access to a gym
- Travel provided (out of Thunder Bay or Winnipeg)
Key responsibilities include:
- Meet daily with the First Cook to discuss menu preparation and production strategy.
- Assist the First Cook in the preparation of all menu items as needed.
- Assist in the cleanliness and maintenance of the Kitchen and serving areas.
- Replenish desserts and condiments as required.
- Follow proper storage and rotation of all food supplies.
- Make breakfast for a large number of people.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Large scale camp cooking experience is an asset.
- Current Food Safe certification is an asset.
- Current First Aid Level 1 Certification is an asset.
- Be able to handle the following physical demands:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Perform work with arms at full length.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Ability to expand skills in a large camp atmosphere
- Opportunity to move up in positions
- Zero cost of living while working on site
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Second Cooks work on a rotational schedule of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.