Manager, Quality (Remote with travel to Kamloops)
- 3211 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC V7B 0A4, Canada
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Great people who have passion for their work and who are excited by the possibilities of modular construction, people driven by a desire to innovate and do social good. That is what you get when you work with NRB Modular Solutions.
The Manager, Quality, reporting to the Vice President, Modular Solutions, is responsible for the implementation of systems and processes for the assurance of product quality within, NRB Modular Manufacturing, a Dexterra Group company. As a proven leader, the Manager, Quality promotes and oversees the company’s quality system and processes by ensuring compliance to customer and legal requirements and conformance to quality policies, standards, procedures, programs, and practices.
This position will work remotely with 25 - 50% travel to the Kamloops Manufacturing Plant. There will be times when short notice travel to the Plant is required, so the successful candidate will need to reside in British Columbia.
Your work will include:
- Understand customer needs and requirements to further improve upon existing quality processes.
- Ensure the implementation of all processes related to effective quality assurance and control (QA/QC) including conformance to quality specific standards.
- Ensure adherence to legal obligations (health, safety, environment and quality), codes, guidelines and client requirements.
- Oversee the development and implementation of goals and objectives pertaining to QA/QC processes in line with Dexterra Group’s overall goals.
- Review and administer requirements for design specifications and standards for materials, processes and finished products as they impact quality.
- Validate quality processes by establishing robust internal audit/inspection processes that effectively measure key performance indicators related to QA/QC to promote continuous improvement.
- Implement corrective actions for non-conforming products and conduct root cause analysis to work towards a zero-defect culture.
- Provide regular quality performance updates and reporting of quality metrics to senior leadership.
- Working with senior leadership, determine resource needs (i.e. staffing, budget, tools, etc) to meet quality and delivery expectations.
- Manage the quality team and develop its members by supporting professional development, providing regular feedback to promote the utilization of best practices and completing annual performance reviews.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A place where people matter, not only at work but in the community.
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
- “Challenge! The opportunity to unpack and solve some very complex business problems on the way to achieving our vision."
- Job security as we are in growth mode.
- Very competitive compensation package.
- Benefits coverage starts on your first day.
- Multiple career paths and advancement opportunities through various NRB, Horizon North, and Dexterra companies.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- University degree or technical diploma from an accredited university or college in Engineering or Technical Trades.
- Successful completion of Quality education leading to an advanced Quality designation.
- 5-10 years of experience in quality management processes and systems.
- Four (4) years of progressive experience in a Supervisory or Management role.
- Working knowledge of Provincial Codes and Industry Quality Control Standards is a must.
- Experience in construction or manufacturing.
- Experience in continuous improvement strategies such as lean manufacturing, kaizen or six sigma is an asset.
- Practical experience in at least one trade area (Cabinetry, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing) and knowledge of the others is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office programs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be flexible to travel.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.