C Class Driver
- Remote, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Driver provides rides for employees to and from site. They are also involved in delivering and shuffling materials to sites.
The position involves a remote work lifestyle in a camp setting with the following amenities:
- All meals and accommodation provided free of charge
- Private room
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Cable TV in your room
- Linens & towels provided
- Access to laundry facilities
- Access to a gym
Key responsibilities include:
- Bringing employees to and from site
- Delivering/shuffling materials to and from sites
- Other duties as assigned around the camp site
- Time management – arranging pick up times
- Focusing on safety and filling out required paperwork
- Being personable and professional
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 2 years experience.
- Current First Aid Level 1 certification is an asset.
- Valid C Class Driver's License required
- Must have a clean driver’s abstract
- Be able to handle the following physical demands:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Perform work with arms at full length.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Ability to expand skills in a large camp atmosphere
- Opportunity to move up in positions
- Zero cost of living while working on site
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Drivers may be town based or be required to work on a rotational schedule of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please submit a resume to [email protected] and include the job posting title and a little bit about yourself.