- Canadian Nuclear Labratories, Chalk River, ON, Canada
Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
Because, service matters!
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions. Dexterra is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We are looking to hire employees working at government site. The successful candidate must be able to obtain security clearance.
At this point we are looking to hire part time and on call employees.
- Respond to emergency calls with the use of a communication radio or pager.
- Report occurrences and deficiencies to management
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Dusting, performed at floor level.
- Dust all furniture as required
- Empties and cleans garbage bins
- Spot cleans walls, partitions, light switches and doors, window sills
- Cleans and polishes chrome and other polished metal surfaces
- Cleans partition glass that is within reach
- Cleans and disinfects washroom fixtures using mild chemicals
- Dusts baseboards and low air vents
- Vacuums cloth furniture at established frequencies
- Damp mops small area hard surface floors
- Restocks single unit dispensers containing soap, towels, toilet tissue and sanitary napkins
- Other duties that management may assign.
Additional Possible Responsibilities:
- Polishes wooden furniture at established frequencies, dust or wipe offices as requested.
- Washes metal and painted surfaces of filing cabinets at established frequencies or on an as requested basis
- Disinfects telephones at established frequencies or on an as requested basis
- Attend all required health & safety training
- Follow safe work instructions and assists in prevention
- Complies with H&S regulations and company policies
- Does not operate any equipment without prior training
- Use all required PPE where indicated
- Reports any unsafe conditions, hazards and all workplace injuries
- Participates in the early and safe return to work process as per our RTW policy
Job Type: Casual & Part-time available.
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Knowledge of floor stripping and floor waxing is considered an asset but we will train if necessary.
Expected Hiring Date immediate
Hires needed 5+
Do you want applicants to submit a resume?: Yes