- 2645 Petawawa Blvd, Petawawa, ON K8H 2Z3, Canada
Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
Because, service matters!
PURPOSE: The Technical Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the operation, maintenance, monitoring and resolution of deficiencies for the Residential Housing Units. This includes the management of Change of Occupancy requirements for vacant units.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Contract and Operations, and in accordance with Dexterra policies, procedures and objectives, to provide commercial and contractual input that support Company Operational and Implementation Strategies.
- To develop and monitor a plan and assurances for Quality Control, including work readiness, receiving and inspecting materials, monitoring work in progress and verifying that completed work meets project specifications and standards.
- To ensure that specified commercial and contractual input is professionally delivered and consistent with the Quality Control Plan, Business Standards, Health and Safety and Best Practices, maximizing opportunities and minimizing threats or disputes.
- To manage the delivery of specified and multi-disciplinary commercial skills within a Project, including construction (Industrial/Commercial/Residential); Mechanical (HVAC); Electrical; Civil; and Building Operations, Roadways and Maintenance.
- To contact and oversee the Work-Flow of sub-contractors and trades’ personnel, ordering of Materials if not in the sub-contractor’s mandate, coordinating Site Orientation and Training, ensuring testing and inspections, and a clean site upon completion of each contractor’s work.
- With a strong knowledge of the Contract, to implement and administer Change Control Processes for a Project, ensuring that work and personnel are properly planned, scheduled, verified and monitored, and that a high standard of work is completed.
- To ensure that Master Schedule is updated daily or as required, reporting work completion and any identified delays, deficiencies or major issues to the Manager, with appropriate follow-through.
- To support Productivity and Cost Control measures including the preparation of cost analyses and budgets, interim and final sub-contractor and supplier’s accounts, accurate pricing and variance ratings, sundry accounts, payment mechanisms and records management.
- To undertake to address and resolve any Project work delays or deficiencies as identified.
- To recognize prior work completed at a Residential Unit, ensuring Warranty issues are covered.
- To ensure required Documentation is in place, for writing PDRs and the delivery of Reports.
- As the subject expert and reference person, to undertake six month Reviews of sub-contractors and trades’ personnel.
- To implement Communication Best Practices, in a supportive and non-confrontational manner when working and communicating with the Client and all personnel.
- To work within the parameters of good Time Management including meeting timelines and target dates, attending scheduled meetings and appointments, punctuality and maintenance of Logs such as timesheets, mileage, invoices, and safety notes.
- Building, Engineering or Commercial background.
- Knowledge of relevant power and hand tools.
- Professional appearance with an ability to implement and ensure a clean work environment.
- Excellent and proven skills in communication, both written and oral, contract and procurement negotiations, decision-making, problem-solving and leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge, training and experience in Health and Safety as per the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Fully functional with smart phone, computer, email and photo dissemination.
- Professional, well organized, and a problem solver with a proven ability to be aware of and monitor risk and opportunities, and Quality Control measures.
- Experience with Quality Control Management planning, standards and processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, holding personnel accountable as required.
- Proven Self-starter with an ability to take initiative.
- Clean Driving Abstract, and if using Dexterra vehicles, undertaking of daily inspections and monthly inventories.
LINE MANAGED BY: Manager, Contract and Operations
REPORTS TO: Manager, Contract and Operations