Senior Data Engineer
- Katowice, Katowice, śląskie, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Contract type: Permanent contract
Devoteam, a group of 8000+ digital transformakers, consists of multiple business units and entities spread around the world. We are one of them. As a mid-sized subset of Devoteam, we are blazing trails across Denmark, Norway, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Singapore and Indonesia by partnering with Salesforce, Google, and Okta to provide cloud solutions for thousands of businesses and schools.
With our Scandinavian heritage come the three pillars of our culture:
Curiosity we are curious about people, technology, and business
Trust our relationships are built on trust, empowering us to work as a single, cohesive organisation
Courage we have the courage to challenge ourselves, our customers, and our partners
Read more: devoteamcloud.com
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to use their experience in the public cloud to interpret our customers’ needs and extract value from their data using GCP and its suite of tools. You will primarily work as part of the data team in our GCP Centre of Excellence. You will be involved in end-to-end delivery activities. We believe data architecture, data ingestion, data storage, and data analysis will be your passion. We want you to know and advocate for Google Cloud Platform and its products: DataFlow, DataProc, Cloud Composer, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, BigQuery, Google Data Studio, etc. Knowledge in equivalent platforms could be impressive too, i.e. AWS or Azure makes you a strong candidate. You must be outgoing, able to manage workshops and execute training on your own.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more development languages, with a strong preference for Python, Java or Golang
- Experience with programming in agile methodology
- Knowledge of AI and ML technologies
- Knowledge of database and data analysis technologies, including relational and NoSQL databases, data warehouse design and ETL pipelines
- BI reporting and dashboard development. Looker experience is a bonus.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Practical experience with designing and implementation of Google Cloud for Marketing use cases will be an additional asset.
- Experience in drawing UML diagrams
- Experience in Hadoop and using platforms such as Apache Spark, Pig or Hive
- Fluency in Polish (both written and spoken)
Besides the standard benefits package, we offer you a unique, friendly working culture where you are respected as an individual and trusted to manage your own workload. We ensure flexible work schedules and remote work as a standard (with office-based work as an option, if preferable). We provide support and sponsorship of your development and certifications—for both work-related skills/knowledge as well as your personal passions.
Our teams are organised according to their tasks rather than geographical location, allowing you to cooperate in a truly international and diverse environment daily.
We give you the opportunity to work on challenging and groundbreaking projects with leaders in their respective industries, introducing meaningful business changes. Close cooperation with our partners will enable you to work with the latest solutions and become a recognised world-class expert in your chosen field.
About the team:
Our cloud services team helps our customers, big and small, move to the cloud. The team is an extension of our customers’ internal IT and development teams, aiding them in managing their SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS environments. The team is passionate about moving to the cloud and helping our customers plan and execute their cloud strategies
Devoteam is the #1 EMEA Google Cloud partner, providing innovative cloud solutions to businesses and organisations around the world. We connect business and technology, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, our partners and our employees.