GCP Support Engineer
- Katowice, Katowice, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Contract type: Permanent contract
Devoteam, a group of 8000+ digital transformakers, consists of multiple business units and entities spread around the world in 25+ countries. Poland is one of them! As #1 partner of the GCP in the EMEA region, we are blazing trails across the world by partnering with Google to provide cloud solutions for thousands of businesses and schools.
We are building cultures of innovation with Google Cloud technology. Our cultural mindset, combined with our values define the way we want to work as one:
Respect - for each others time, work and experiences
Frankness - to improve, learn and share from positive and negative experiences
Passion - to see the opportunity in change
Read more: gcloud.devoteam.com/
About the role:
As a GCP Support Engineer, you will be part of a unit of highly skilled individuals. You will be the first-line support for customers using GCP solutions and work primarily with improving performance and availability of applications running on Google Cloud Platform. You will build automation scripts in Terraform and support the team in implementing the best practices for monitoring, troubleshooting, debugging, and load testing of cloud-native applications running on Google Cloud Platform.
You will have to develop a broad knowledge base on common cloud solutions, and interact with international customers daily.
Typical daily tasks:
- First line engineering support for Managed Services customers by answering questions on their environment, running playbooks and having a deep understanding of Google Cloud products and how it can impact their systems
- Continuously optimize performance and availability of applications running in Google Cloud
- Continuous development of your DevOps and Terraform expertise
- Monitor, troubleshoot, debug and load test cloud-native applications running on Google Cloud
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more development languages, such as Python, Go, Bash
- Experience in scripting and configuration of Linux and Windows systems
- Working experience or certifications in GCP or another public cloud provider will be an additional asset
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
About the team:
Our cloud services team helps our customers, big and small, move to the cloud. The team is an extension of our customers’ internal IT teams, aiding them in managing their Google Cloud Platform and Google Workspace. Cloud Consultants perform deployments and migrations of complex IT environments. The team is passionate about moving to the cloud and helping our customers plan and execute their cloud strategies.
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
The CoE allows Devoteam the full flexibility to deploy relevant teams wherever most applicable and to leverage experience from our expertise centres.
Our CoE is our newest and unique selling point where we offer our full portfolio of services to customers on an international scale.
Become one of our certified experts, operating out of our CoE, a unique selling point where we offer our full portfolio of services on an international scale to our customers.
Devoteam is the #1 EMEA Google Cloud partner, providing innovative cloud solutions to businesses and organisations around the world. We connect business and technology, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, our partners and our employees.