GCP Support Engineer
- Katowice, Katowice, Poland
- Contract type: Permanent contract
Devoteam, a group of 7000+ digital transformakers, consists of multiple business units and entities spread around the world. We are one of them. As a mid-sized subset of Devoteam, we are blazing trails across Denmark, Norway, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Singapore and Indonesia by partnering with Salesforce, Google, and Okta to provide cloud solutions for thousands of businesses and schools.
With our Scandinavian heritage come the three pillars of our culture:
Curiosity - we are curious about people, technology, and business
Trust - our relationships are built on trust, empowering us to work as a single, cohesive organisation
Courage - we have the courage to challenge ourselves, our customers, and our partners
Read more: devoteamcloud.com
About the role:
As a GCP Support Engineer, you will be part of a unit of highly skilled individuals. You will be the first-line support for customers using GCP solutions and work primarily with improving performance and availability of applications running on Google Cloud Platform. You will build automation scripts in Terraform and support the team in implementing the best practices for monitoring, troubleshooting, debugging, and load testing of cloud-native applications running on Google Cloud Platform.
You will have to develop a broad knowledge base on common cloud solutions, and interact with international customers daily.
Typical daily tasks:
- First line engineering support for Managed Services customers by answering questions on their environment, running playbooks and having a deep understanding of Google Cloud products and how it can impact their systems
- Continuously optimize performance and availability of applications running in Google Cloud
- Continuous development of your DevOps and Terraform expertise
- Monitor, troubleshoot, debug and load test cloud-native applications running on Google Cloud
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more development languages, such as Python, Go, Bash
- Experience in scripting and configuration of Linux and Windows systems
- Working experience or certifications in GCP or another public cloud provider will be an additional asset
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Besides the standard benefits package, we offer you a unique, friendly working culture where you are respected as an individual and trusted to manage your own workload. We provide support and sponsorship of your development and certifications - for both the work-related skills and knowledge as well as your personal passions.
Our teams are organised according to their tasks rather than geographical location, allowing you to cooperate in a truly international and diverse environment daily.
We give you the opportunity to work on challenging and groundbreaking projects with leaders in their respective industries, introducing meaningful changes to their businesses. Close cooperation with our partners allows you to work with the latest solutions and become a recognised world-class expert in your chosen field.
About the team:
Our cloud services team helps our customers, big and small, move to the cloud. The team is an extension of our customers’ internal IT teams, aiding them in managing their Google Workspace, Salesforce, and other SaaS environments. Cloud Consultants perform deployments and migrations of complex IT environments. The team is passionate about moving to the cloud and helping our customers plan and execute their cloud strategies.
Devoteam is the #1 EMEA Google Cloud partner, is providing innovative cloud solutions to businesses and organisations around the world. We connect business and technology, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, for our partners and for our employees.