Senior Cloud Architect
- Biskop Gunnerus’ Gate 14 A, Oslo, Norway
- Contract type: Permanent contract
Devoteam, a group of 7000+ digital transformakers, consists of multiple business units and entities spread around the world. We are one of them. With our main office in Stockholm (and our global presence on 6 other markets in EMEA and APAC) we are a mid-size company working closely with the group as leaders in the field of Google Cloud technology.
Our goal is to be one step ahead and to build valuable partnerships with the digital leaders. To be in the forefront we need to have the best talents in our team. That’s why we have a special approach to our employees.
With our Scandinavian heritage come the three pillars of our culture:
● Curiosity - we are curious about people, technology, and business
● Trust - our relationships are built on trust, empowering us to work as a single, cohesive organisation towards our goals
● Courage - we have the courage to challenge ourselves, our customers, and our Partners.
About the team:
Our cloud services team helps our customers big and small move to the cloud. The team is an extension of our customers’ internal IT and development teams, aiding them in the management of their SaaS, Iaas, and PaaS environments. The team is passionate about moving to the cloud and helping our customers plan and execute their cloud strategies.
About the role:
As a Cloud Architect at Devoteam you will be part of a unit of highly skilled individuals. You will primarily work with implementing Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions with Google’s Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Networks, Big Data, Machine Learning and the App Engine. As an cloud architect you will have to develop a broad knowledge base on common cloud solutions, and interact with customers to design suitable solutions. The projects vary in size and length and you will work both in-house at our office and on customer sites.
Typical daily tasks:
● Customer interactions. Supporting sales and discussing needs with customers on cloud solutions
● Proposing viable long term, cost effective cloud solutions for customers
● Analysing needs and writing requirements
● Develop (script and code) solutions for customers
● Suggest and develop our own services based on GCP
● Mentor other cloud architects
The perfect candidate is skilled in Datacenter migrations including migration to public cloud,designing applications in cloud, Microservices, Information Management, Application Development and Virtualization along with implementation and Operation of a wide range of tools and technologies.
Microservices Containers: Dockers, Kubernetes
CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Puppet etc)
Stackdriver and Enterprise monitoring tools
Automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform etc)
Clustering, Virtualization, SAN/NAS
Experience in scripting and configuration of Linux systems
Experience in producing design documents, such as UML diagrams and network layouts
Working experience with GCP or another public cloud provider
● BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
● Fluency in English
● Fluency in any one of the Scandinavian languages (preferred)
● Experience of designing a cloud migration or adoption strategy and implementation of the same in small, medium or large organisations
Devoteam is the #1 EMEA Google Cloud partner, is providing innovative cloud solutions to businesses and organisations around the world. We connect business and technology, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, for our partners and for our employees.