Senior DevOps Consultant
- London, UK
As a pure player for Digital Transformation of large organisations across EMEA, our 5,500+ professionals are dedicated to ensuring our clients win their digital battles. With a unique transformation DNA, we connect business and technology.
Present in 17 countries in Europe and the Middle East, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, for our partners and for our employees.
Devoteam will achieve yearly revenues of €650 million in 2018 (e).
At Devoteam, we are Digital Transformakers.
‘We deliver innovative technology consulting for business’
Through Scale! Our 2020 strategic 2020 plan, Devoteam is engaged in a value growth strategy based on our pure player position for digital transformation of Large Organisation across EMEA.
To deploy our digital, agile and cloud platform strategies, as well as to respond to the needs of a new generation CIO’s, we have defined portfolio based on 7 offer which will allow us to address any issues our clients might encounter during their digital transformation.
Our business is entrepreneurial, fast moving and solutions led. Our consultants/professionals enjoy a fast moving environment; within which they can develop a deep skill set in their practise area whilst gaining knowledge of not only all the solutions we offer in the UK, but also across our group.
You will be given the opportunity to make a name for yourself, and rapidly grow your experience and responsibility in start-up like environment with the backing of a Paris Stock Exchange listed technology company.
Devoteam is a people centric business. All our professionals are able to develop their skills set and enhance their domain expertise.
- You will be a strong team player, able to work in an agile environment and share knowledge and contribute ideas
- You will relish working within an entrepreneurial environment, solving business and clients problems with speed, tenacity and efficiency
- You will react well to challenging circumstances and fluid priorities
- You will maintain a strong awareness of business and client concerns, whilst striving for an optimal commercial outcome
Overview of the role
You will feel comfortable in all aspects related to advising, architecting and delivering the full life cycle of activities required to reshape an IT organisation into a DevOps way of working.
The role requires deep understanding on all aspects of creating a DevOps IT organisation: Cultural change, modern Automation technologies, Lean ways of working, best use and Measurement of data and best information Sharing technologies (CALMS).
A leader in your field. You are likely to have contributed to DevOps thought leadership, with contributions at seminars or conferences such as DevOps Days, DevOps Summit etc.
Though client delivery will be a priority for the role, it will also involve a wide variety of other activities to support the on going growth of our business going forward. Business development activities, evangelising DevOps operations, development of more junior staff and our near shore capability will be required.
Key tasks and responsibilities, include but not limited to
Advising clients on appropriate DevOps strategies specific to their unique business needs;
Creating and managing the roadmap and implementation of DevOps within our clients organisations;
Propose DevOps technology solutions and take the lead in implementing and evaluating those solutions;
Supervise and deliver architecture design, infrastructure design, build and deployment activities;
Delivering high level designs using industry standard methodologies (UML process flow/sequence diagrams etc) to articulate complex tasks to business and technical teams;
Working effectively with 3rd party and offshore development teams;
Supporting the ongoing growth of our organisation as required.
Key Technical Skills required, include but not limited to
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following methodologies; Lean, Agile, Scrum and Kanban;
- Extensive experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment techniques, approaches and tools, including experience with some of the following tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Nexus, Artifactory, XL Deploy, Automic, Code Deploy;
- Extensive experience with cloud providers and their services (at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Software Delivery Lifecycle Process optimization and Business Process Modelling
- Source code systems and branching strategies
- Containerisation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Issue and bug tracking and wiki documentation (JIRA, Confluence, Slack)
- Test automation and Service Virtualization
- Infrastructure provisioning (at least one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Application monitoring (ELK stack, TICK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
“You are probably reading this and thinking you might not have all of the above, well don’t worry we are happy to consider candidates with 70-80% of the above skills required so don’t let it put you off”
- Strong IT background with a history of software development (Java/Maven, Python, C# etc) through to delivery of on-prem/off-prem/hybrid architectures utilising modern technologies and approaches (Api’s, Microservices, Containers, PaaS, SaaS etc);
- Possesses a good understanding of the DevOps ‘market place’: Current vendors, their technologies and can articulate the key differences in their offerings;
Key Soft Skills required, include but not limited to
- Naturally resilient, tenacious and results driven with excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Self-starter and highly motivated towards success;
- Keen interest in new technology and the possibilities it creates;
- Must be proactive, show initiative and desire to learn new business subjects;
- Happy to get in and get hands dirty as part of a start-up mentality;
- Have a sales focussed approach to delivery, be able to develop accounts and spot potential opportunities. Be able to articulate the business value of those both internally and to the customer;
- Proven ability in building senior relationships with both technical and non-technical client stakeholders;
- Be equally comfortable in leading teams of consultants as well creating the technical solution yourself;
- Enjoy learning new technologies and be willing to cross skill as necessary in this rapidly, fast moving IT world;
- Highly developed evaluation skills, the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and strong presentation skills;
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Minimum 2:1 degree in computer science, mathematics
- Competitive salaries
- 25 days annual leave
- 5% Matched Pension
- Life Insurance 4 x of base salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance for you and your family
- Permanent Health Insurance