Senior Data Engineer
- 2955 Inca St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Dev IQ builds software that improves life. We partner with passionate companies focused on reducing energy consumption, curing disease, improving education, and building smart cities (just to name a few). We are successful because of our relationship-driven collaborative approach utilizing modern technologies. Dev IQ is a boutique, cloud-native software engineering firm specializing in secure platform development and IoT ecosystems that touch millions of lives.
We would be thrilled for you to be part of our quickly growing team. At Dev IQ, we appreciate people, work as a team, create value, embrace growth, and we own the problem. We expect that you are an enthusiastic technologist not easily swayed by challenging problems. We trust that your unique perspective and experience will help others excel. At any point-in-time, we have a portfolio of active projects on which we are working. This provides the opportunity for our team members to learn new technologies, experience new industries, and diversify your development experiences.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Develop and deliver/implement data solutions to include: data architecture, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, schema design, modeling, database development, development of standards, data solution debugging, and testing.
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years experience in database architecture, design, implementation, and support
- 3+ years experience with Azure SQL Database service required.
- 5+ years experience in one or more scripting languages required to automate processes as needed.
- 3+ years experience with databases used in high-volume, SaaS-based, web solutions.
- Experience with sizing Azure resources and Azure SQL Data Sync and other Azure services highly desired.
- Database Administrator experience with Azure SQL and Postgres DBA
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS Cloud environments
- Experience in data modeling; designing, developing, and supporting data warehouse solutions and ETL/ELT processes.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $90,000-$120,000*
Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
DevIQ Benefits Include:
- Competitive financial compensation, and utilization bonus plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With 4% Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Business funded Life Insurance Plan
- Dynamic yet relaxed work atmosphere.
- Wide Variety of Growth Opportunities