Full-Stack Developer [Ruby & React Native]
- 2955 Inca St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Dev IQ builds software that improves life. We partner with passionate companies focused on reducing energy consumption, curing disease, improving education, and building smart cities (just to name a few). We are successful because of our relationship-driven collaborative approach utilizing modern technologies. Dev IQ is a boutique, cloud-native software engineering firm specializing in secure platform development and IoT ecosystems that touch millions of lives.
We would be thrilled for you to be part of our quickly growing team. At Dev IQ, we appreciate people, work as a team, create value, embrace growth, and we own the problem. We expect that you are an enthusiastic technologist not easily swayed by challenging problems. We trust that your unique perspective and experience will help others excel. At any point-in-time, we have a portfolio of active projects on which we are working. This provides the opportunity for our team members to learn new technologies, experience new industries, and diversify your development experiences.
As a full stack Ruby on Rails developer, you will be part of a cross-functional team with other developers, designers, and DevOps. Each person on the team is empowered to make decisions and enjoys great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience leading and developing applications using Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Ruby development tools and best practices
- Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
- Work effectively with a small team using an agile workflow, and a willingness to jump in and help wherever needed
- Enjoy working with product specialists and end-users to understand requirements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with clients and provide daily updates to the team
- Curiosity and the interest to learn new programming languages and technologies
Strong experience in a professional services or other external consulting setting in which projects must fit within client-based parameters that include a budget and timeline in addition to milestones and quality
- Web backend: Ruby on Rails, Hapi.js
- Web frontend: React, Vue, Bootstrap (React Native HUGE PLUS)
- Web Frameworks: Rails, Django, Spring
- API integration experience with, for example, StripeJS, Braintree, SendGrid, Twilio; testing Rspec/VCR/Selenium, Web Packer
- TDD/Automated Unit Testing
- SQL Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Other Database frameworks/protocols/tools: Redis, LDAP, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB
- Team Tools: Scrum, Git, Github, Bitbucket
- DevOps: CI/CD tools, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, or GCP
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $75,000-$110,000*
Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
DevIQ Benefits Include:
- Competitive financial compensation, and utilization bonus plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With 4% Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Business funded Life Insurance Plan
- Dynamic yet relaxed work atmosphere.
- Wide Variety of Growth Opportunities