Data Science Leader
- 2955 Inca St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Dev IQ builds software that improves life. We partner with passionate companies focused on reducing energy consumption, curing disease, improving education, and building smart cities (just to name a few). We are successful because of our relationship-driven collaborative approach utilizing modern technologies. Dev IQ is a boutique, cloud-native software engineering firm specializing in secure platform development and IoT ecosystems that touch millions of lives.
We would be thrilled for you to be part of our quickly growing team. At Dev IQ, we appreciate people, work as a team, create value, embrace growth, and we own the problem. We expect that you are an enthusiastic technologist not easily swayed by challenging problems. We trust that your unique perspective and experience will help others excel. At any point-in-time, we have a portfolio of active projects on which we are working. This provides the opportunity for our team members to learn new technologies, experience new industries, and diversify your development experiences.
Dev IQ is looking for a Data Scientist that can also build and lead a team. This individual will be responsible for collaborating with Sr. Leadership and working with Technology Practice teams to deliver on Client needs in a timely manner. Work includes developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning (ML) models for a range of projects, with a theme of improving sustainability (energy, water, labor optimization). Specific examples include IoT energy and water management, unsupervised data classifiers, usage optimization and pattern recognition. The role includes defining and employing appropriate strategies, hiring and leading team members, and building models and data pipelines for prescriptive and predictive analytics. Experience deploying machine learning models to Cloud and/or edge-based inference engines is required.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
● Expert at problem identification and data science requirements gathering, from algorithm matching to solution architecture. Requires excellent communication skills.
● Experience leading an AI/ML project from strategy thru implementation and on-going improvements.
● Significant experience performing and/or leading data collection, validation, cleansing, and analysis. Ability to extract and analyze data from various structured and unstructured sources, including databases, files, data lakes and external APIs/websites.
● Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents ML approach, Algorithms and Proof-of-Concept (PoC) implementation using appropriate algorithms.
● Responds to data inquiries from various groups within clients organization.
● Requires experience with relational databases, document databases (NOSQL) and knowledge of query tools and/or statistical software.
Expert experience with/interested in:
● MS or PhD in economics, mathematics, statistics or related computer science field such as artificial intelligence and machine learning
● Expertise with machine learning, predictive modeling and neural networks
● Applied knowledge and experience with building and training ML models
● Expertise with ML tools such as Keras, Tensorflow, Anaconda, Jupyter
● Expertise in data mining and statistical analysis
● Expertise with visualization tools such as Tableau, D3.js, Pandas, Plotly, etc.
● Database manipulation skills, with strong attention to detail.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $140,000-$175,000*
Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
DevIQ Benefits Include:
- Competitive financial compensation, and utilization bonus plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With 4% Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Business funded Life Insurance Plan
- Dynamic yet relaxed work atmosphere.
- Wide Variety of Growth Opportunities