Technical Project Manager
- 2955 Inca St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
Denver-based Dev IQ is a full-service custom software development and delivery studio.
Dev IQ specializes in IoT, UX/UI design, mobile, and cloud-native web applications that scale to millions of users. Our proprietary development methodology and technology accelerator frameworks enable our clients to launch differentiated, cost-effective enterprise solutions that get to market faster, outperform competitors, and create bottom-line value. We have developed an in-house Empathic Design and User Experience (UX) practice and are strong advocates of Design Thinking principles. Additionally, we are well-positioned with leading Cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services, ClearDATA, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
Dev IQ’s executive leaders have delivered groundbreaking solutions to millions of users for over 25 years. Our expert engineering teams deliver great software that allows clients to transform their business and LEVEL UP.
We have a long-standing reputation of creating great partnerships with our Clients, doing what we say we will do, and building a Team that values Trust, Communication, Integrity, Team Work, and respects individual Work-Life Balance.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for project execution planning, managing Client expectations and organizing team resources for successful project delivery. The ideal candidate excels at managing schedules, timelines and coordinating efforts between Client and technical / DevOps teams, in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan. This person works with internal and external stakeholders to communicate project status and risks, bringing consistency and structure to an otherwise complex software development process
Essential Qualities for This Position:
- Relevant experience in managing technical software development / engineering projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude, thrives in a startup environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Focused on Client success and appreciation vs. just satisfaction
- Has demonstrated technical leadership capabilities along with superior project management
- Excels at communication, problem solving, productivity tools, and cross-organizational leadership skills
- 4+ years of experience developing and managing end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Day to Day project management for 2 to 4 projects including prioritizing tasks, scoping conversations, budget management, timeline management, leading status calls, focusing developers and keeping the customer happy
- Assemble and coordinate the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team
- You will be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills
- Interface with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope
- Working closely with DevIQ’s, Engineering teams, as well as with clients technical teams to provide strategic insights in order to deliver the solution to the client
- Developing metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across DevIQ
- Assist with the development of reports, and the loading and configuration of demonstration data and systems
- Playing the role of a key advisor to the architects and engineers to keep projects on scope
- Reporting to DevIQ leadership team & Clients on Project Financials
- Motivating and guiding highly technical engineers & developers removing roadblocks to ensure they can deliver
- Performing risk management on projects
- Experience in managing Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc
- Test code, review, and recommend changes to technology stakeholders
- Passionate about using Jira as your Project Management tool (project setup, configuration and maintenance)
Nice to haves:
- Strong technical knowledge in one or more the following: Mobile, IoT, web applications, cloud Platform(s) (GCP, Azure, AWS), Microsoft (.NET, C#)
- Business analyst experience - healthcare very ideal
- PMP / Scrum Master certification
- Previous consulting or agency experience
- Computer science or other technical bachelors degree
- Code school graduate
- Bringing new skills to the table is a plus (any design, rails, java, etc ... would be appreciated)
If you are creative, independent, and want to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies, Dev IQ is where you want to land.
- Located in the heart of Denver, Colorado (LoDo)
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Dynamic yet relaxed work atmosphere.
- Multidisciplinary team.