Ruby on Rails Software Developer, Full-Stack
- 2955 Inca St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
Denver-based Dev IQ is a full-service custom software development and delivery studio. Dev IQ’s executive leaders have delivered groundbreaking solutions to millions of users for over 25 years. We expertise in IoT, UX/UI design, mobile, and cloud-native web applications that scale to millions of users. Our proprietary development methodology and technology accelerator frameworks enable our clients to launch differentiated, cost-effective enterprise solutions that get to market faster, outperform competitors, and create bottom-line value. We have developed an in-house Empathic Design and User Experience (UX) practice and are strong advocates of Design Thinking principles. Additionally, we are well-positioned with leading Cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and ClearDATA.
We have a long-standing reputation of creating great partnerships with our Clients, doing what we say we will do, and building a Team that values Trust, Communication, Integrity, Team Work, and respects individual Work-Life Balance.
As a full stack Ruby on Rails developer, you will be part of a cross-functional team with other developers, designers, and DevOps. Each person on the team is empowered to make decisions and enjoys great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience leading and developing applications using Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Ruby development tools and best practices
- Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
- Work effectively with a small team using an agile workflow, and a willingness to jump in and help wherever needed
- Enjoy working with product specialists and end-users to understand requirements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with clients and provide daily
- updates to the team
- Curiosity and the interest to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Strong experience in a professional services or other external consulting setting in which projects must fit within client-based parameters that include a budget and timeline in addition to milestones and quality
- Web backend: Ruby on Rails, Hapi.js
- Web frontend: React, Vue, Bootstrap
- Web Frameworks: Rails, Django, Spring
- API integration experience with, for example: StripeJS, Braintree, SendGrid, Twilio; testing Rspec/VCR/Selenium, Web Packer
- TDD/Automated Unit Testing
- SQL Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Other Database frameworks/protocols/tools: Redis, LDAP, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB
- Team Tools: Scrum, Git, Github, Bitbucket
- DevOps: CI/CD tools, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, or GCP
If you are creative, independent, and want to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies, Dev IQ is where you want to land. At Dev IQ we enjoy what we do, we value balance in our lives, and we take pride in our work. As a small company, you have an opportunity to have a direct impact on our clients and our business on a daily basis.
- Located in the heart of Downtown Denver, Colorado (LoDo)
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Dynamic yet relaxed work atmosphere.
- Multidisciplinary team.
- Awesome benefits