Application Administrator – part-time job for students
- Location: Kosice
- Company: Deutsche Telekom IT and Telecommunications Slovakia
- Language: English
Our brand Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia entered the life of Košice region in 2006 under the name of T-Systems Slovakia and ever since has been inextricably linked with the region when became one of the founding members of Košice IT Valley. We have managed to grow from scratch to the second largest employer in the eastern part of the country with more than 3900 employees. Our goal is to proactively find new ways to improve and continuously transform into the type of company providing innovative information and communication technology services.
We`re an awesome bunch of people who make up the dream team. We`re all about working hard, having fun, and getting things done. We bring a diverse set of skills, experiences, and backgrounds to the table, which makes us a dynamic and creative force. Whether it`s brainstorming ideas, solving complex problems, or tackling crew challenges, we`re always up for the task.
The Application Administrator – part-time job for students is the problem-solver: from overseeing software deployments and managing configurations to troubleshooting complex issues. He/she possesses a understanding of the organization's infrastructure and knows how to optimize application performance and enhances user experiences. In short, the Application Administrator is the guardian of the application who utilizes his/her skills to maintain stability, efficiency and its smooth operation.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure high quality end to end service operation based on application level.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be taking care of the applications for our customers.
- Plan, control and deliver application-based request fulfilment
- Do Installations of new versions of application on classic server or in cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP/FCI..)
- Prepare/configure new environments for applications
- Manage application pods to ensure cloud-readiness
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting of technical issues on systems/applications
- Act as an operative interface among Service Delivery Management, Customer, Development, Vendors and other delivery units
- Check, execute, solve and create tickets
- Automate repetitive processes/tasks
We want you to:
- Coordinate incident-, problem-, change-, escalation- management and operational documentation
- With support of senior colleagues execute standard tickets to provide service according to KPIs.
- Coordinate customer-requested and / or technical changes during service lifecycle
- Work with agile tools on daily basis
- Move forward in your career and gain new DevOps/SRE oriented skills
YOU WILL SUCCEED IF YOU:
- Have finished studies at IT High school or study IT at the University
- Have Technical overview in OS – especially Linux experience
- Have some experience with: Network, Storage, Back up, Databases, Middleware, Cloud-based architecture, Kubernetes
- Have Basic scripting knowledge (any scripting language)
- Have Knowledge of 3-layer architecture
- Speak English at least at the B1 level (intermediate)
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE US?
We believe in balance between work and personal life. An attractive and extensive work-life balance portfolio guarantees lasting motivation for employees and thus a better quality of life, promotes physical and mental well-being and contributes to a positive work environment. All this with the aim of providing more freedom in reconciling work, career growth, private life and individual lifestyle. Therefore we offer to our employees over 25 different benefits to improve their personal and professional life in these areas:
- Financial benefits
- Benefits with focus on learning and development
- Benefits with focus on health and sport
- Benefits with focus on family and work – life balance
- Other benefits
For more information about our benefits click to Benefits
Base salary is 4,50 € /per hour brutto.
* Please be informed that our remote working possibility is only available within Slovakia due to European taxation regulation.