Senior Data Engineering Developer + 5000 Eur sign on bonus
- Location: Remote from Slovakia
- Company: Deutsche Telekom System Solutions Slovakia
- Language: English
- Job category: Technical positions
Our brand Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia entered the life of Košice region in 2006 under the name of T-Systems Slovakia and ever since has been inextricably linked with the region when became one of the founding members of Košice IT Valley. We have managed to grow from scratch to the second largest employer in the eastern part of the country with more than 3900 employees. Our goal is to proactively find new ways to improve and continuously transform into the type of company providing innovative information and communication technology services.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Developer to join our Common Data Intelligence HUB virtual team at T-Systems Germany. The Common Data Intelligence HUB is a team of approximately 100 engaged professionals dedicated to developing business intelligence solutions and open datasets for T-Systems. Our team is focused on providing valuable insights and analytics for international business steering of T-Systems.
The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues from Germany, Slovakia, Spain, and Hungary in an virtual international environment. You will have the opportunity to work on features independently as part of an agile team. You will work on business intelligence solutions that impact T-Systems worldwide and develop our mordern data platform with eventually thousands of end-users. We provide the opportunity for remote work from a home office, allowing our employees to work in a flexible and efficient manner. If you are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with a passion for data and excellent communication skills, please apply today. We look forward to hearing from you!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Architect, design, and implement robust, scalable, and optimized data solutions using Azure Services like Databricks, Synapse, Data Factory and Storage as well as technologies like Delta Lake, SPARK, Pyhton, SQL.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that data solutions are aligned with business needs and objectives.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize SPARK-powered data processing pipelines. Leverage Databricks for complex data engineering tasks and ensure smooth integration with other platform components.
- Implement, monitor, and optimize pipelines using Azure Data Factory.
- Design and manage ETL/ELT processes, ensuring data integrity, availability, and performance.
- Implement efficient data ingestion mechanisms using Azure Storage and Azure Data Factory.
- Manage and monitor data sources to ensure timely and accurate data delivery.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data analysts, business users, and IT teams.
- Contribute to the governance and quality of data with tools like Databricks Unity Catalog.
- Uphold industry standards and ensure stringent data security and privacy protocols.
- Mentor junior data engineers and share expertise and best practices.
YOU WILL SUCCEED IF YOU:
- Have bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Have minimum of 5 years in data engineering, with at least 2 year of hands-on experience with Databricks, Delta Lake, and Azure services.
- Have proven track record transitioning from traditional warehousing to modern data platfrom architectures.
- Have mastery in SQL and Python for data processing and development.
- Are proficient in SPARK-based data processing.
- Have acumen in batch and streaming data ingestion.
- Have experience with Delta Lake architectures and its integration with Azure Storage Gen2.
- Have expertise in Azure Data Factory for pipeline orchestration.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE US?
We believe in balance between work and personal life. An attractive and extensive work-life balance portfolio guarantees lasting motivation for employees and thus a better quality of life, promotes physical and mental well-being and contributes to a positive work environment. All this with the aim of providing more freedom in reconciling work, career growth, private life and individual lifestyle. Therefore we offer to our employees over 25 different benefits to improve their personal and professional life in these areas:
- Financial benefits
- Benefits with focus on learning and development
- Benefits with focus on health and sport
- Benefits with focus on family and work – life balance
- Other benefits
For more information about our benefits click to Benefits
Final salary is negotiable.
We are offering base salary depending on seniority level and previous experience of candidate. In addition to base salary we provide variable part and other financial benefits. Base salary will not be lower than 3100€ /brutto. We also provide a sign on bonus of € 5,000 for each candidate hired for this position.
* Please be informed that our remote working possibility is only available within Slovakia due to European taxation regulation.