Senior DevOps Operations and Support Engineer
- Company: Deutsche Telekom System Solutions Slovakia
- Job category: Technical positions
- Language: English
- Location: Remote Work (only from Slovakia)
Our brand Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia entered the life of Košice region in 2006 under the name of T-Systems Slovakia and ever since has been inextricably linked with the region when became one of the founding members of Košice IT Valley. We have managed to grow from scratch to the second largest employer in the eastern part of the country with more than 3900 employees. Our goal is to proactively find new ways to improve and continuously transform into the type of company providing innovative information and communication technology services.
We are looking for an experienced / Senior Operations and Support Engineer who will reinforce our support and maintenance team for an agile implementation of a statistical data science platform. As first line of defense for support and maintenance activities, you will be responsible for picking up incidents, identifying root causes of incidents coming from production, driving or, where possible, conducting the resolution of those incidents and problems in close cooperation with the development teams as well as ensuring proper communication with the customer and thorough documentation of the incidents. You will also be responsible for keeping the agreed SLA and communicate potential SLA risks and violations in a timely manner with the Operations and Support Manager and according development streams.
Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for entire lifecycle of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines and Infrastructure as Code approaches. Takes account and defines automated configuration management, release management, build, test and deployment activities. Provides prototypes and concepts for further automation of assigned technology.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- You will be part of our third level support team (~5 people)
- Ensure the third level support and maintenance activities within the running project and for production, incl. continuous improvement of relevant processes
- Closely collaborate with the development and testing teams to identify root-causes of incidents
- Ensure quick resolution of incidents or ensure proper transfer into problem or change management
- Document best practices and workarounds to enable the 1st level support team
- Support planning of required hot-fix releases and maintenance releases; act as SPOC for all issues raised on production and plan issues resolution together with development and testing
- Secure the availability of the development and test environments in cooperation with the customer
- Ensure adequate communication with our customers on incidents resolution or interim workarounds
WHAT IS YOUR STACK?
- Kubernetes, Python, Docker (R, R Shiny, Python Flask as an asset)
- HBase, Kafka, Camunda (Hadoop, Nifi as an asset)
- GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Ansible, Artifactory, SonarQube, (HPSM as an asset)
- DevOps, CI/CD, ITIL
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years working experience in Operations and Maintenance within a large-scale enterprise incl. demonstrated knowledge of incidents in a time critical environment
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes, preferably OSA or Service Operations
- Strong service experience with process management, improvements, and reporting
- Ability to analyze, critical reasoning, problems solving skills and having the ability to manage complex situations, maintain a helicopter view and yet go into details, if needed
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across departments, vendors, and business units to ensure process adherence
- You have extensive experience dismantling legacy systems while moving organizations onto modern technology stacks
- A true team player who likes to contribute and benefit from working with others
- Creative problem-solving ability and sound judgment – ability to use own initiative and take responsibility for decisions
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English (German is a plus) combined with very strong client service orientation and willingness to travel (currently <10%)
We believe in balance between work and personal life. An attractive and extensive work-life balance portfolio guarantees lasting motivation for employees and thus a better quality of life, promotes physical and mental well-being and contributes to a positive work environment. All this with the aim of providing more freedom in reconciling work, career growth, private life and individual lifestyle. Therefore we offer to our employees over 25 different benefits to improve their personal and professional life in these areas:
- Financial benefits
- Benefits with focus on learning and development
- Benefits with focus on health and sport
- Benefits with focus on family and work – life balance
- Other benefits
For more information about our benefits click to Benefits
Final salary is negotiable.
We are offering base salary depending on seniority level and previous experience of candidate. In addition to base salary we provide variable part and other financial benefits. Base salary will not be lower than 2600€ /brutto.
* Please be informed that our remote working possibility is only available within Slovakia due to European taxation regulation.