Strategic Partnership Associate
- 909 Davis St, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Design Science is passionate about the advancement of healthcare technology. Our clients hire us to ensure their medical devices, products, and systems are safe, effective, and easy to use. Our research teams work together to collect data from simulated and real-use environments such as hospital operating rooms, clinics, and homes to support design decisions for increasing usability of products among intended users.
The Strategic Partnership Associate (SPA) supports the company’s research teams in the Philadelphia and Chicago area by recruiting people and facilities to participate in studies as well as coordinating details for field work. The SPA plays a vital part in initiating and maintaining relationships with physicians, nurses, patients, and hospital systems, and is responsible for actively expanding our participant database. The SPA also provides occasional administrative assistance when needed (e.g., assists staff in maintaining appropriate health records for admittance to hospitals, helps book travel, answers phones, staffs front desk in Office Manager’s absence, etc.). The ideal SPA is a personable, friendly, organized, and proactive team member. He/she has experience in administrative support, customer service/hospitality, and sales.
- Seek out new potential study participants (e.g., social media, search engines, advertisements, etc.)
- Provide initial contact and make follow up calls to potential participants
- Aid in establishing a positive reputation with study participants
- Organize and maintain participant and facility records
- Compile resources for the company’s recruiting department
- Obtain necessary clearance(s) for company admittance to hospital/clinical settings
- Attend off-site recruiting events to build relationships and expand participant database (e.g., 5K Diabetes Walk, etc.)
- Provide updates on the progress of projects to project teams
- Build and maintain rapport with past, present, and future participants and medical centers
- Coordinate and track the distribution of study honorarium to participants
- Assist employees in obtaining background checks and drug screening clearances
- Complete other tasks as requested by authorized personnel
- Administrative support as requested
Who you are:
- Passionate about improving the lives of people who rely on medical devices.
- Highly organized, with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- A team player with experience collaborating across a variety of fields such as engineering, design, and psychology.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree beneficial
- Minimum 3 years of inside sales and administrative experience
- Advanced to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in SalesForce
- Strong communication skills (e.g., compiling written communications to participants, well-spoken and mature on phone calls, etc.)
- Good organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Keen sense of resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Experience in cold calling
- Flexibility to adjust normal 9am-5pm work hours for OUS projects when necessary
- Availability to work occasional weekend hours for recruiting events
- Willingness to undergo background check
- Ability to lift 15-20 lbs.
We would also love to see:
- Basic understanding of usability/human factors and field research
- Familiarity with hospital processes, including vendor clearance systems, a plus (e.g., Reptrax, Vendormate, etc.)
- Interest and/or experience working with healthcare professionals
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Availability to travel (less than 10%)
Here’s what we’re offering:
- Full-time, salaried, exempt position
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance(s), 401k with match, 20 days PTO to start, paid holidays, dependent care FSA, work from home and flex work options, and more!
This position is posted for our newly opened Evanston, IL office (Chicago area) but may also be staffed in our Philadelphia, PA headquarters.
Resume / cover letter required.
Visit our website / blog at www.dscience.com for more information, or check us out on social media @designscience .