- Worcester, MA, USA
Derex Technologies Inc specializes in providing IT consulting, staffing solutions and software services. Globally headquartered in Harrison New Jersey since 1996 Derex delivers the highest quality technology professionals and an array of customized IT talent solutions designed to improve productivity and drive results to global clients throughout North America.
With over two decades of unparalleled experience, Derex provides supports to its clientele, across such industries as Systems Integration, Banking and Finance, Telecommunications, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, Energy, Healthcare, Technology, Transportation, and local and federal Government agencies.
- Gathers and analyzes data requirements, develops the more complex logical and physical database designs and data models in support of enterprise information management.
- Works with data architecture, applications and systems teams to ensure database designs and data models support the integration of data/information flow across systems and platforms.
- Assists with the development and enforcement of methodologies and standards for data modeling.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced data modelers in the creation of logical and physical data models.
- Develops process for capturing and maintaining metadata from all operational, ODS and data warehousing components
- Contributes to and creates documentation related to architecture, design, planning, and overall management of Enterprise Data Integration.
- Defines and estimates project proposals related to ETL design and development
- Develops application integration architectures with ability to deploy data integration using a wide variety of data delivery styles, and deployment patterns
- Ability to work on data architecture projects independently with minimal or no oversight required
- Develops architecture as per data architecture standards, including ACORD, data naming standards, etc.
- Enhance skill sets, expertise towards the single business domain knowledge and applies them within data architecture
Key Measures of Success: At an intermediate level, delivers the following items:
- Erwin data models – Conceptual, Logical and Physical
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Data Context Diagrams
- Data mapping logic, rules and transformation logic, and business rules
- Meta model for metadata repository
- Project specific data integration architecture documents
- Data Integration checklists which are part of Technical approach / Technical design.
- Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study
- Ability to conduct translation of business questions and requirements into data objects
- Ability to work in all phases of database design and data modeling activities.
- Thorough knowledge of Data architectures, functions, and features
- Understanding of SQL and relational and multidimensional designs
- Strong problem-solving and metadata skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.