VP/SVP, Media (B2B)
- 32 6th Ave, New York, NY 10013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As a VP of Media, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of one of Merkle B2B’s largest client accounts by providing strategic oversight, driving innovation and leading activation and optimization of the client’s media investments. You will contribute to and lead new business pitches, both at the Merkle-specific and holding company levels. You will be a senior leader in the office, reporting to the SVP, General Manager.
We are looking for someone who is highly competent in integrated planning and communications strategy and will maintain a current POV on evolving media landscape, emerging technologies, and marketing trends. They will have fluency in ROI measurement and analytics, along with experience in programmatic buying, online video, mobile advertising, social media, digital brand tracking, and content marketing/native advertising.
- Work with teams to develop and lead media strategies for clients and prospects and serve as a continual source of creativity in approaches, delivering to clients compelling business cases for investing their media dollars with
- Represent media channel efforts internally, working closely with search, analytics, content strategy and Merkle B2B leadership to elevate and improve Merkle B2B’s media offering
- Oversee and approve channel buys, campaign monitoring, and media optimizations, managing the team’s delivery across integrated planning, activation, optimization and reporting
- Stay ahead of industry trends, digital tools and platforms and know how they are most effectively used to achieve business goals
- Develop omni-channel strategies across all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others, along with digital, traditional and emerging channels
- Attend and assist in preparing regular account QBRs and check-ins with key clients; presents accomplishments and plans for next quarter/period
- Identify and implement best practices for measuring and reporting digital KPIs
- Connect media KPIs to client business results and partner with analytics capability to deliver advanced measurement strategies
- Provide proactive leadership to media teams, oversee training and development, and mentor staff, coaching to excellence on all media/digital strategies
- Serve as counsel to senior client contacts and develop strategic solutions to address their challenges
- Impact change to client/agency processes and go to market approach
- Troubleshoot team and client problem areas and suggest effective courses of action
- Serve as a Merkle B2B ambassador and demonstrate grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Maintain and grow existing accounts
- Articulate and apply agency vision and resources to both internal team and client
- Manage budget development and monitoring of financial performance
- Contribute to development of company revenue projections and share responsibility for building and managing accounts for agency growth/profitability
- Participate in new business by contributing, directing and participating in new business pitches and presentations
- Be accountable for agency delivery and client relationship management at an Americas level, coordinating with multiple points of contact across all seniority levels within the client organization
- Continually increase knowledge of the client’s business (and industry) often serving as the client’s first line consultant
- Effectively plan work, communicate changes, and troubleshoot problems, assuring that the client and company commitments are kept
- Develop and drive account plans, processes, and strategies that improve results for the client
- Financial management of supported business lines including: weekly reporting and updates, Monthly forecasting and Salesforce updates, estimating of new work, contracts development
- 15+ years of experience in media and full-service agency settings, with at least 10 years of digital experience
- Strong track record in B2B or technology or financial service accounts, understanding relevant client challenges and business trends for B2B industry segments/products
- Exceptional leadership skills and management experience, demonstrated through staff development and implementation of exemplary processes
- Excellent understanding of the media business and its day-to-day operations
- Technical understanding of ad-tech/mar-tech, social platforms, and research and measurement systems
- Strong commercial acumen, excellence in managing profitability and experience driving revenue generation within media teams
- Excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once and growing client business while encourage diversification into multiple products and services
- History of leading and winning new business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.