Senior Digital Media Planner
- 32 6th Ave, New York, NY 10013, New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
DWA is now part of Merkle. Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As a Senior Media Planner, you will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination, execution, and management of media plans. You will develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of client businesses and ensure all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
You will play a leadership role on the team, reporting to the Media Supervisor, and will be responsible for helping supervise the day-to-day workflow of the media planning staff on specific accounts. You will also work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strong and effective media plans based on sound strategies and research
- Cross check plans and all supporting documents (spec/TI sheets, IOs, billing docs)
- Formulate, write, and present campaign/media recommendations
- Oversee day-to-day workloads of Media Planners and Assistant Media Planners and assist in their training and development
- Utilize 3rd party research tools to develop target consumer profiles and identify strategic buying opportunities
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives and translate them into digital objectives/strategies
- Manage all aspects of the media plan execution, including issuing insertion orders, tracking spec development and implementation, custom unit production, and billing reconciliation
- Work with Analytics team to monitor, analyze, and report on campaign results and make regular recommendations on how to optimize campaign performance
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace and what opportunities are relevant to clients
- 4+ years in digital media, including 3+ years with digital planning team
- Possess demonstrable experience working in both B2B and B2C environments, as well as specific client experience within the technology sector
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Be detail-oriented, very organized, able to multi-task, and able to work well under pressure
- Articulate, intelligent, and credible individual, who is a self-starter and keen to make a difference in a growing business with existing clients
- Have experience with research resources, such as @Plan, Nielsen/NetRatings, and AdRelevance, as well as other research/planning tools
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.