Director, Data Science
- 515 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Cardinal Path, a brand within the Dentsu Aegis Network is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing consultancy firm. We are focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners. Our clients and affiliations include brands such as Google, Microsoft, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Asics and hundreds of others. Cardinal Path’s mission is: “To know. To Share. To be our Partners’ competitive advantage”. Our company strives for a culture that reflects the importance of our people’s’ expertise, wellness and happiness in everything we do.
The Director of Data Science will provide support for the Group Director in the daily management of new and existing team members, which could include managers and analysts at all levels. You are responsible for managing your team with guidance, oversight and counsel from the Group Director. You are expected to partner with Directors in some client communications and will be evaluated on your relationship building capabilities both internally within Cardinal Path as well as externally with clients, partners, vendors, contractors, etc. work may include ad-hoc analysis of raw data, high level model development, research into emerging analytics trends, presentation development, as well as technology research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing practice and process development looking for ways to improve and streamline Cardinal Path’s processes to not only deliver a superior service to our clients, but also to improve our efficiency and profitability.
- Mentoring/managing Data Science team members
- Partner with your Group Director to educate clients on the value of adding Data Science products to their business, capturing & defining needs and solutions
- Synthesize business needs and create business/functional design documents which can be used to build analysis and data models around.
- Assess data for validity in terms of predictive capabilities, required feature engineering, opportunities for data widening, or alignment to business requirements
- Develops, implements, and supports methodologies, standards, and tools for analysis and data science work.
- Build cooperative, productive relationships with clients and vendors by utilizing excellent communication skills, while also interacting effectively internally and externally.
- Research, prototype, and explore future, non-standard analytics approaches that push the limits of current analysis output. This will include exploring novel machine learning techniques which enable our teams to tackle segmentation, clustering, and predictive models used in a wide variety of areas.
- Bachelor’s degreein Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analysis or related
- 5+ years’ experience as an Analyst / Data Scientist
- 2+ years’ of managerial and leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of R, Python or SAS for model development
- Previous experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics
- Extensive experience with statistical modelling techniques
- Experience connecting Tableau or other visualization systems and using for dashboarding or analysis
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in meeting deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working with remote teams
What will make you stand out:
- Previous experience with marketing analytics including database marketing techniques, campaign lift, attribution and media mix modelling
- Familiarity with analyzing data for digital marketing and ecommerce, as well as all other non-digital aspects of a business
- SQL skills
- A solid knowledge of ETL tools
- Understanding of how to deal with larger data sets and parallel computing problem
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.