L1 Technical Support Specialist (Midtown Atlanta/Hybrid Position - Onsite & Remote)
- 1545 NW Peachtree St, Atlanta, GA
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
- “Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.”
Location to work
- Must live in the USA - And be able to work a Hybrid/Onsite & Remote Position.
Dentsu is about to embark upon many exciting changes to our target operating model. As a Technical Support Specialist L1, you will be responsible for providing second level support to our global user base.
Supporting the latest technologies within a customer centric environment that provides exceptional customer satisfaction, and working with market leading ITSM Service Management tools you will provide support to dentus offices across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Canada, North and South America.
You will demonstrate a clear knowledge of the ITIL framework (ITIL qualification is an advantage), experience in and understanding of how to build and deliver great service to both internal and external customers
Working with operational IT teams to strengthen our estate to build a supportable and sustainable environment for our infrastructure. In addition, the Technical Support Specialists will perform Network Operations Centre (NOC) duties, including monitoring of the global estate, analysis of issues & problems, trouble-shooting and incident response, communication with relevant support teams (including local IT) and tracking of problems through to resolution.
Technical support duties will include:
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup, network configuration and application management
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes, manuals, and knowledge base articles
- Maintain relationships with clients, customers, and other support teams
- Management of Knowledge Articles for both Technical and Supported Users
- Management of Joiners, Movers and Leavers process within DAN
NOC Duties will include:
- Monitor the performance and capacity of computer systems using a variety of tools. Look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions. When an issue is identified, work to determine the cause of the problem
- When a problem impacts the IT services, work to triage or troubleshoot the problem, within standard operating procedures. This may include coordinating with third-party vendors, customer contacts, or other IT teams.
- While responding to incidents, track and document all issues and resolutions in detail. This increases the knowledge base and is a record of the health of the system.
- When problems are too large or complex for quick troubleshooting, escalate the issue to management, other IT resources or 3rd party vendors for assistance in reaching a resolution, maintaining ongoing communication within the team and externally, to keep all stakeholders aware of relevant, known issues and the steps being taken.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the Service Desk or Technical Servicer. The candidate would be versed in ITIL processes and have spent several years specializing in supporting Windows and Mac platforms, desktop and infrastructure with a solid understanding of Networks.
As well as all the expected qualities of an experienced Service Desk Analyst the following skills are critical to the role:
- Good understanding of current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating systems. 2012 R2 /2016 - Windows 8.1/10 Support and management of AD/DNS/DHCP
- MS Office suite knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN troubleshooting
- Experience of SCCM administration, packaging and deployment
- Experience of Casper administration
- Understanding of an Identity Management system – Okta experience desirable
- Exposure to Citrix desirable
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Willingness to want to aid in supporting all aspects of the IT service assisting other teams where required from helpdesk and support through to architectural design and implementation
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Able to develop good working relationships
- Strong organisation and planning skills with exposure to matrix management
- Team player
- Understand internal structures including key actors, decision-influencers and use this knowledge when formal structures do not work
- Recognize what is possible and not possible at certain times or in certain situations
- Identify and maintain regular contacts with main customers. Answer customers’ queries promptly and follows up on them until satisfied
- Provide input to cost benefit analyses, risk analyses and development plans to take account of design decisions
Delivering Services and Solutions:
- Exercise considerable judgement when deciding to resolve communication outages in a timely manner
- Analyse relationships amongst several parts of a problem or situation. Identify alternative solutions and think through consequences of actions
- Meet deadlines, delivers work on time without sacrificing quality by setting realistic but challenging timeframes and deadlines
- Take action before being asked or being forced to by circumstance and consider and try out ‘different’ ways of tackling things
- Create opportunities or minimize potential problems by taking a unique extra effort
- Create or seek out new tools or methods that will be better, more efficient and cost-effective for doing things
Working Relationships Internally:
- Communicate directly with individual / groups of customers on related problems
- Liaise frequently with customers at all levels to investigate problems and attend to requirements
- Convey maintenance issues and relevant problems to the relevant suppliers of IT-infrastructure products used by the business
- Frequent contact with hardware vendors, support specialists regarding equipment needs and with vendors regarding supplies
- Value the importance of other’s contributions to group accomplishments and demonstrate this by showing willingness to learn from others, including those who are less experienced
- Call on others, to get their perspective, background information and/or experience, and proactively liaise with others to share relevant information
- Continually evaluate and review own progress against goals and make specific changes in the system or own work methods to improve performance
- Weigh alternatives/ solutions in relation to impact on bottom line, and look for opportunities that have positive impact on revenue
- No direct line management skills necessary, but willingness to present leadership and guidance to less technically skilled support teams, including the IT Service Desk
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.