- 5800 Bristol Parkway, California, CA
Carat is consistently ranked the #1 media agency in the world with over 12,000 experts in over 100 countries. We deliver an unparalleled capability to unlock real human understanding to connect people and brands by designing powerful and engaging media experiences.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Carat is an agency of dentsu.
The Assistant, Planning assists in the planning, implementing and maintaining of media campaigns across multiple channels. As an entry level position, the Assistant position represents the start of a media career and is highly supervised by an Associate, Planning.
This position is essential in the day-to-day tactical management of the media account and requires an individual that works well in a team-based, fast paced, detail-oriented environment. While advanced Media thinking is not expected, the successful Assistant is resourceful and demonstrates the initiative to participate in advanced projects.
· Assist with the preparation, development, execution, and monitoring of media plans for selected clients
· Assist with the maintenance of flowcharts, monthly budgets, authorizations, delivery recaps, competitive analyses, and billing
· Communicate across teams and able to multitask assisting in project management
· Utilize syndicated planning tools to run reports and aid in the development of insights
· Run and maintain competitive spending reports, and execute baseline assessments of data
· Gather information to be used in developing media plans, such as demographic profiles, media usage habits, and media costs
· Create and maintain records of plans, insertion orders, schedules, contracts, etc.
· Reconcile billing discrepancies and process all invoices for payment
· Field incoming phone calls from sales representatives
- Participate in brainstorms and bring fresh thinking to internal and external teams
- Keep current with market research (industry periodicals, email newsletters, websites)
The Assistant, Planning position is training-intensive. Aptitude for learning new skills (both technical and organic) and procedures is essential. The Assistant is expected to be an active participant, increasing participation over time in the position. The Assistant is also encouraged to contribute ideas and insights that will benefit our clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree OR relevant experience
· 0-2 years industry experience
· Strong math and analytical skills
· Strong interest in and familiarity with media planning
· Desire to learn about media planning
· Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to learn server-based software and tools
- Demonstrates active listening skills and ability to apply knowledge over time
- Recognize potential issues and problems, know when to escalate and propose solutions, where possible
- Takes clear ownership of assigned tasks
- Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications
- Writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Organizes ideas and information logically and sequentially
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.