Senior Performance Manager (Paid Social)
- Leopoldstraße, München, Germany
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
The Senior Performance Manager is a key team member across selected key DWA B2B clients, operating as the day-to-day key person in delivering client work. Using your analytical mindset, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, performance and reporting of the paid social campaigns for your client across multiple platforms, acting as the paid social 'expert' for the client on campaign performance and optimisation providing insights into the best strategies and tactics to achieve business objectives.
The Senior Performance Manager will have responsibility of managing the Account Managers and Account Executives, reporting into the Account Director. We are seeking a very strong working knowledge of the social media space and available media research together with the ability to train and up-skill others.
Life as a Senior Performance Manager
- Work with the data and the analytics team to provide dashboards and analytical insights to the client
- Leverage first party data for targeting and insights
- Coordinate assets and tags with vendors and ensuring campaigns are delivering against KPI’s and proactively managing campaign execution
- Responsible for overseeing client pacing & performance across digital media portfolio
- Media planning based on brief parameters and media strategy
- Recommend forward thinking strategies and innovations
- Proactively working with client services on campaign set-up and optimization strategy
- Work with the data teams to provide analytical insights to the client
- Circa 4-5+ years' experience working in the digital media buying & planning space with focus a on paid social strategy and execution
- In-platform execution experience essential; setting up campaigns and pulling levers in Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn
- Passionate about social media and the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party ad tags
- Successfully completed bachelor’s degree in Economics, Industrial Engineering or similar commercial education
- Well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team
- Ability to proactively organise daily tasks
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Drive, ability to manage details, meticulousness
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Excellent command of German & English (written & spoken)
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture.
Some of our benefits include:
- Varied and exciting work in an international company
- Lean company structure with flat hierarchies and short decision routes
- A modern office excellently located in the heart of Munich I Remote Work
- An open-hearted, friendly team that enjoys its work and is looking forward to growing with you
- An attractive salary package
- Company pension scheme
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
If you enjoy working on and being responsible for challenging projects and want to work with a successful team, please apply to Merkle I DWA!
Our hiring process :
We suggest you to apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly.
- Application: When you apply you will be asked a couple of screening questions that showcase your interest & enthusiasm in Performance and Merkle I DWA
- Phone Interview : If your application is successful our local HR Team will get in touch with you to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you, your knowledge and recent work.
- Online Interview : If successful after the phone interview, you would progress to the Online Interview. This is a chance for you to meet the teamlead via video call, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and experience. You will also be given a paid social focused test to showcase your skills based off a pretend client brief.
- Final interview : The final interviews often include conversations with the company’s senior leadership or a more in-depth discussion with an interviewer from an earlier stage in the hiring process.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role) and your passion for this area.
Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle I DWA , we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
Merkle has created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.