Senior Recruiter, Analytics & Information Technology (100% Remote)
- Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
- “Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.”
Location to work
- Must live in the USA - East Coast or Central Time Zone, only.
The primary purpose of a Recruiter is to partner with hiring managers as well as other Recruiters and Talent Leads to develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for core roles within assigned business units ultimately leading to a new hire within 45-60 days. The scope of the role includes serving as a recruiting specialist, pipeline manager, and process expert leveraging multiple recruiting tools including: LinkedIn, job boards and aggregators, social media, and other sourcing techniques to drive positive outcomes for hiring managers and candidates.
- Develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for core roles within Technology and the ability to help in other areas as needed
- Leverage multiple recruiting sources and techniques to identify and engage active and passive candidates, including LinkedIn, search engines, niche job boards, social media, user groups, and blogs
- Manage 10-12 requisitions at a given time with potential to take on more as business needs dictate
- Review candidate profiles, screen resumes, and update candidate status in applicant tracking system (ATS) - SmartRecruiters
- Conduct a thorough prescreen of all prospects prior to presenting to hiring manager for consideration
- Coordinate closely with hiring teams and Recruiting Coordinators to shepherd candidates through the process
- Extend offers to candidates, coordinating closely with career advocates and hiring managers
- Implement and execute sourcing programs and strategies to fill current openings and help build a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates for future openings
- Mine SmartRecruiters (ATS) to identify candidates for assigned requisitions
- Maintain knowledge of the industry landscape
- Capture and leverage key intelligence from each prospect interaction to generate additional leads, networks, and pipelines
- Foster and cultivate an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork across all relevant internal stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on campus recruiting goals and strategy including roles, class sizes, locations, and hiring teams and managers
- Engage in strategic outreach to and partnership with targeted programs and schools, including occasional recruitment event attendance
Key Skills and Experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience in a recruiting environment
- Must have talent sourced for Analytics & Information Technology type positions
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex and diverse workload
- Effective communication, influencing, and persuasiveness skills
- Possess poise, confidence and presence to be able to deal effectively with executives, external customers, vendors, and clients at all levels
- Strong, self-confident, decisive individual with excellent listening skills and emotional maturity
- Ability to manage and resolve complex customer situations while maintaining a team culture that has a high level of responsiveness to its customers
- Flexibility in adapting to and responding quickly to changing priorities and deadlines with a high sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and consistent follow up is essential
- Proficiency in MS office
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.