- Remote Address, New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Our vision is to be an inspiring, innovative and indispensable growth partner to the world’s leading B2B brands.
We bring together a myriad of talent, including visionaries, artists, strategists, technologists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We celebrate innovation, collaboration and mutual respect.
We are champions for meaningful progress, and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. gyro is part of Merkle B2B – the world’s first full service B2B integrated agency. We are also an agency of dentsu
The Strategy Director will be the lead strategist on a select number of accounts in addition to leading the agency’s strategic approach on some new business pitches. A specialist in integration combining expertise in brand strategy, customer research and communications with a strong foundational understanding of media, analytics and technology. We’re looking for an independent thinker who is curious and passionate about people, brands, marketing, content, social and especially digital. You will be expected to tackle big business problems, to question, inspire, and integrate and above all, lead. This is an opportunity for someone with ambition who wants to redefine what it means to be a strategist today and deliver B2B strategies that are unexpected and innovative.
Team and Reporting Structure
The Strategy Group is a team of eleven strategists led by two SVPs of Strategy. The role will report into one of the leads, Georgia Bradley or Philip Black. The strategy team is diverse with a depth of expertise across all aspects of strategy and there will be opportunities to work with different members of the team.
- Champion and lead the strategic planning and ideation for select clients and new business architecting strategies that position gyro | Merkle B2B as consultants to our client’s business
- Proactively and consistently identify growth opportunities that generate commercial value for the agency and clients
- Lead client teams in the creation of integrated experience strategies and lead such cross-functional projects from initiation to implementation from a strategic perspective
- Leverage the full range of marketing research tools and methodologies to derive unique insights that lead to B2B strategies that go above and beyond the expected
- Lead the development of creative briefs and briefing sessions and then nurture the ideas developed to ensure they deliver on brief and strategy
- Co-ordinate functional expertise from across the strategy and discipline teams and across the full Merkle B2B group as required to solve a client’s marketing challenge
- Develop and deliver thought leadership pieces to aid in building the agency’s profile externally
- Lead, design and facilitate both client-facing and internal workshops
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a strategy position
- Demonstrated past successes in business-to-business marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field preferred
- A demonstrated entrepreneurial streak and aptitude for motivating clients, internal teams or other strategists to approach solving marketing challenges in new and better ways
- Deep experience in leading integrated marketing strategies with expertise across all aspects – foundational brand strategy / brand architecture work; communications planning, content, social and digital
- Well versed in a wide range of marketing research tools and methodologies – from new ways of leveraging technology to conduct primary research, a deep working knowledge of 3rd party research, secondary research and social listening
- A demonstrated fluency and comfort level working with a wide range of agency disciplines including media, social, content, UX, analytics and technology
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact recruiting[email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.