Paid Search (SEM) Associate Director
- 32 6th Ave, New York, NY 10013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in the U.S.!
Merkle B2B is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Associate Search Director. In this leadership-level position, you will work closely with cross-discipline client account teams in meeting and exceeding client goals. You will have direct responsibility for, as well as manage teams in, the daily execution of search engine marketing (SEM, PPC) campaigns across several clients.
You will participate in all aspects of executing high profile and complex clients’ search media campaigns, including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. You will also be responsible for training and managing a team of SEM Program Managers and SEM Analysts in delivering industry-leading search media campaigns.
- Provide leadership in structuring effective and innovative search strategies, which drive optimal campaign performance and provide a competitive edge in the marketplace for our clients
- Develop search media plans (research, targeting, budget allocation, forecasting, and network distribution) and build effective relationships with all vendors
- Analyze performance data and provide intelligent synthesis, interpretation and appropriate action plans based on conclusions
- Lead by example and ensure the team is presenting actionable recommendations, communicating through presentations and key strategic deliverables
- Persuasively drive recommendations within clients’ organization, developing and articulating clear business cases, complete with risk assessment and justifiable ROI
- Stay up to date on and advise clients and internal teams on the latest trends in search marketing, seeking ways in which to test and implement within accounts
- Understand the role paid search plays in a larger marketing strategy. Make search-specific recommendations that fit into cross-channel campaigns.
- Manage a team of SEM Program Managers and SEM Analysts in executing search media campaigns
- Participate in training efforts, working with departmental leaders to identify needs, prioritize efforts, and contribute to the development of trainings
- B.A/B.S. degree required; Marketing, Business, Information Sciences, or Economics degree preferred
- 5+ years of paid search marketing experience, with 2+ years of team management experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with senior executive client relationships
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, with proven problem-solving capabilities; skillful at assessing disparate data, drawing conclusions, and taking appropriate action
- Adept at managing and mentoring a team, preferably in an agency environment
- Adept at managing client expectations as they relate to scope of service and delivery of service
- Successful management of large scale, multi-faceted projects with dynamic timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate and effective communication skills
- Experience developing and delivering presentations with actionable insights and the ability to influence the decision-making process
- Confident and action oriented, with a keen ability to create, lead and develop business programs across multiple functions with many stakeholders
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.