Receptionist - 9 Month FTC
- 1 Saint Katherine's Way, London, England, United Kingdom
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are looking for someone special to become a vital part of our Front of House team supporting and enhancing the client experience in our International House office. As a Front of House Ambassador for dentsu you are the face and voice of our business playing an integral role ensuring that our visitors and people are looked after pleasantly and efficiently, experiencing an exceptional visit every time.
Working as part of a highly skilled and collaborative team, each Ambassador should seek to deliver an exceptional service whilst using innovation to proactively multi-task in a vibrant and exciting environment.
Life as Front of House Ambassador at Merkle:
Front of House services:
- Working as a key part of a highly skilled Front of House team, supporting the business to ensure a smooth and efficient client journey from arrival, during their visit and through to their departure.
- To manage the reception maintaining a professional and welcoming environment for all visitors.
- To take responsibility for the presentation of Front of House facilities and services, where necessary liaising with the wider Facilities function to ensure our services are of a suitable standard and looking for improvements in how we work.
- Responsible for helpdesk task management ensuring delivery against internal SLA.
- Supporting the Front of House Team Leader and requirement for data reporting e.g Switchboard, visitors, meeting and event bookings
- Aligning first line and security standards against globally recognised ISO27001 standard.
- Being the voice of our business, connecting client calls to the correct individuals in a professional and efficient manner, assisting with any enquiries whilst adhering to company policies.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure meeting rooms and facilities are presentable and in working order for the client requirement.
- Responsible for supporting the business in maximising the efficiencies of Front of House services.
- Working with internal stakeholders and clients to support the hospitality delivery model ensuring orders are placed in advance and proportionate to the numbers attending.
- Managing client visits and meeting room bookings to minimise client conflict is an important part of this role and the success of our business.
- Data reporting to enable and support the future hospitality provision in the future UK&I HQ.
Other service responsibilities:
- Providing concierge services where necessary to our clients, visitors and our people with a focus on exceeding expectations.
- Supporting internal or external events being involved in the preparation and implementation within our offices.
- To act as an extension of the Facilities function ensuring policies and procedures are followed to provide a safe and secure working environment for our people and our visitors.
- Representing the business as a First Aider, Fire Marshall and DSE assessor.
- To monitor the working environment and log helpdesk calls where necessary for swift resolution.
- Becoming multi skilled to improve function resilience
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams
What we are looking for in you:
- A background in front of house, reception, hospitality, concierge services from either a corporate background, hotel, high end retail or similar.
- Administrative skills with close attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- IT skills and a good understanding of Outlook.
- Trustworthy (Discretion and confidentiality).
- Professionally presented and well mannered.
- Attentive to client/customer service needs.
- Enthusiasm for working with people and a flexible approach to work is essential.
- Experience in working on multiple Reception/Front of House service desk.
- Experience working in the creative media or technology sector.
- Previous knowledge and use of Condeco or equivalent room booking and desk booking systems.
- Experience working as part of a wider Facilities team.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.