Senior Media Planner
- 1 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5J 2P1, Toronto, Canada
The Senior Media Planner will have primary day-to-day responsibility for assigned accounts and is expected to understand their assigned client’s media business, as well as the client’s overall business and marketing objectives. The Senior Media Planner is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the media space (including traditional media), available media research and also expected to be proficient with Carat tools (ad serving, research) and procedures (both media and inter-department).
- Guides team on the development of strategic and tactical media plans and supports the buying team and process for assigned client accounts.
- Helps to identify development areas in team members to help achieve and drive their performance goals for the year.
- Uses tools to develop strategic communications plans based on execution strategy, rationale and buy structure to deliver on campaign goals.
- Brief partner agencies on strategic implementation needs and roles of specific communication channels.
- Works closely with the leadership team to understand market dynamics (pricing, execution opportunities) and strengthen vendor relationships.
- Develops recommendations of the media strategies and deliver buy structures that encompass the best environments for each client’s target audience, while maximizing value and efficiency.
- Prepares reporting documentation for clients demonstrating the strategy and rationale executed to deliver on campaign goals.
- Works with Traffic Launch and Campaign Delivery teams to ensure flawless implementation of media plans.
- Contributes to the overall campaign strategy and strategies ways to improve and optimize campaign performance to meeting client goals.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Media, Advertising, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of media planning and/or buying experience focused on All Channels – Video, Display, Social, Programmatic, Broadcast, Print & Out of Home, Etc.
- Knowledge of bid management, campaign management and optimization process with key Data, Supply and DSP partners.
- Previous people management experience with the ability to lead, coach, develop and retain top talent while helping address performance.
- High-level of confidence with an ability to manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.