Quality Assurance Manager
- Remote, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Quality Assurance Lead is primarily responsible for the analysis, design, planning, and overseeing the successful execution of web-based technology implementations. They will also manage a team of QA individuals that will report results of testing processes, and the implementation of test cases in defect management tools. The Quality Assurance Lead will work with the Front-End, Backend Development leaders and Marketing teams to implement web applications, based on enterprise level CMS systems.
- Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing on a given project
- Write test plans, design test cases, develop test scripts, test conditions, test procedures and expected results
- Train QA on all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, user acceptance testing, exploratory, and smoke testing
- Create large volumes of test data if required
- Track and reports defect using appropriate tools such as JIRA
- Validate bugs and defects to ensure they follow all test cycles
- Investigate and recommend remediation strategies for data quality conditions, and process failures and Communicate test status to internal project team clients(s)
- Develop and contribute best practices and standards for a particular solution or across multiple medium/large scale projects/accounts
- Accurately estimate work effort and delivery timelines to support project and client management
- Be a mentor by conducting on-going technical training for the Quality Assurance team members
- Oversee and support implementation of automation (Selenium, Junit, JMeter)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related IT field work experience
- 7+ year in Software Quality Assurance industry
- 3+ years of work experience in a leadership position of Quality Assurance
- Strong knowledge of CMS software and concepts (Adobe Experience Manger (AEM), Drupal, Sitecore, WordPress)
- History of working with the onshore/offshore delivery model
- Working experience with testing multi-technology integration points into a CMS (database, Magento, Marketo)
- Experience with testing SOAP / API projects a plus
- Experience with Selenium and Jenkins automation processes
- Excellent written and oral English communication skill
- Excellent documentation skills
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.