Executive Creative Director
- 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL
dentsuMB is a global creative agency delivering idea-led brand transformation at scale. We deliver creative expertise and innovative global solutions for clients. Applying big platform thinking, we bring ideas to life and deliver world-class creative solutions to meet consumer touch points and work across geographies, cultures and channels.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. dentsuMB is an agency of dentsu.
· Drive creative excellence. Take charge of the project. Guide the team. Own the process.
· Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and deliverables.
· Skillfully produce work across a variety of platforms and mediums (video, still, OOH, print, social, activations - experiential, influencer).
· Oversee the team from ideation to the final product to ensure quality and style meet both dentsuMB’s standards, and client’s strategies and objectives.
· Recognize opportunities. Be creative. A lot can be done with any brief.
Working with Our Clients
· Develop, maintain and grow client relationships.
· Grow existing brands and participate in new business to generate additional revenue.
· Maintain knowledge and understanding of each clients’ products, marketing goals and objectives, and schedules, to create innovative work.
· Win a room over. Showcase exceptional presentation skills with an ability to clearly articulate and explain the creative work and your rationale behind it. Evoke excitement and passion with your recommendations.
Leading Your Team
· Guide, mentor, enable and inspire a growing team of creative directors, art directors, and copywriters to create first-in-class creative work
· Maintain and grow the health and culture of your group - make it a fun place to work!
· Manage and lead multiple creative teams while also driving the creative discipline across the agency.
· Collaborate with other department leads to ensure seamless processes to bring the work forward.
· Work with the recruitment and creative resource management teams to attract and recruit top-tier creative talent and ensure your team is being allocated properly.
· Maintain profitability within the group. Proactively seek new business opportunities and wins for growth.
· You will report directly to the Chief Creative Officer.
· 10+ years of experience in creative leadership in an agency setting.
· You have an award-winning and compelling portfolio, with distinctive work that elevates a brand's creative experience, and excites people to learn from and work with you.
· You are willing to be hands-on with creative oversight on key projects, all the while being able to both mentor and manage.
· You are a “grab the bull by the horns” kind of person – you are hands-on, you make your own path.
· You have traditional fundamentals but are aware of and comfortable with newer mediums
· You can provide clear creative direction, and can provide timely and constructive feedback, to improve creative processes to deliver the work on time and within budget.
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA.Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to
request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.