- Remote address, Chicago, IL, us
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
The HR Generalist supports general human resources activities, specifically in the area of performance management, career development, compensation and preparation of scheduling decisions.
- Assist with the coordination of Human Resources processes (e.g. annual and midyear promotions, annual performance management, compensation and salary administration) according to geographic/entity guidelines.
- Assist with technical questions in on-going performance feedback processes.
- Support the resolution of personnel issues.
- Help with the integration of new joiners.
- Assist the termination process by organizing discussions, gathering appropriate documentation, coordinating exit interviews, and summarizing any resulting issues.
- Update all personnel changes from initial request through approval and implementation (location transfers, entity transfers, workforce transfers, other personnel transactions) in the systems.
- Keep records and update management on a variety of matters including absence, poor performance, terminations, disciplinary and grievance matters, and flexible working arrangements.
- Help with the implementation of people programs and initiatives.
- 4+ year of relevant experience in HR or Recruiting
- Knowledge of Human Resources core concepts such as career management, performance management, compensation, etc.
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications
- In depth knowledge of Excel for reporting, vlookups
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and teaming skills
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.