Senior Manager, Planning
- 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL
Carat is the world’s first media agency and privileged to work with some of the most storied and innovative brands in the world. Most recently named a leader amongst global media agencies by Forrester, Carat is consistently ranked the #1 media agency in the world. With over 12,000 experts in over 100 countries. Carat is a dentsu company and delivers an unparalleled capability to unlock real human understanding and connect people and brands through powerful and engaging media experiences.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
The Senior Manager, Planning is a position that is responsible for ensuring that communications strategies are effectively translated into plans and for leading the development and implementation of those plans. The Senior Manager, Planning partners with the Associate Director, Planning /Director, Planning to set the strategic tone for the assigned accounts. The Senior Manager, Planning assists in the creation of all important plans and presentations. The Senior Manager, Planning is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the media space (including digital media) and available media research.
Communications Planning and Execution:
- Participate in and lead brand/communication initiatives
- Work with senior team members to set communications objectives and strategies
- Manage preparation, development, execution and stewardship of media plans for specific clients and/or brands, and accountable for supporting the team and ensuring plans are executed in line with the agency and client processes and standards
- Develop ability to independently manage all aspects of the brand, while briefing the Associate Planning Director or Planning Director on key happenings and issues
- Support Associate/ Planning Director in the collection and evaluation of syndicated consumer and media consumption information
- Provides relevant insight and input into existing and emerging media opportunities (thorough awareness of available media and marketing services vendors)
- Leverages thorough understanding of the client’s media AOR and Reach-Based planning process and procedures to help achieve communications planning objectives and optimize media investment
- Oversees the consistent reporting of competitive market/media information for each brand/category
- Serves as a facilitating contact point for client’s internal media staff and the primary contact point to client’s brand staff when media issues are discussed
- Ensure constant communication between the agency and various creative agencies (and other external partners)
- Develop and maintain time-lines for all projects
- Balance, prioritize and properly assign work associated with multiple, concurrent projects
- Serves as a resource for planners and assistants for advice, counsel & mentorship
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Maintain client relationships at appropriate levels
- Understand the client needs
- Manages expectations of clients and deliverables
- Grows business opportunities within current clients, where appropriate
- Have a thorough understanding of all elements of the brand and specifically its strategic target and prime prospects
- Looks to identify opportunities to offer agency service line offerings to existing clients
- Leads face to face client and vendor meetings
- Participates and presents in New Business efforts and presentations, where appropriate
- Establishes strong internal relationships with other service line personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of media planning experience
- Experience in traditional marketing and current knowledge of trends and innovations in traditional and digital media
- Experience with local media planning (traditional and digital) is key
- Experience creating and selling media programs
- Experience with Mediatools, MediaOcean Programs (DDS/Prisma) is a plus
- Ability to articulate strategic foundation for their development
- Balanced ability to perform analytically and creatively
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven leadership skills and management experience
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.