Sr. Manager, Strategy
- 500 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI
The Senior Manager, Strategy is responsible, within the Communications Planning Team, for their assigned brands’ overall strategic communications direction. The Senior Manager, Strategy provides the brands, other agencies and the rest of the agency team with critical perspective on the future that will be a reality when communications will hit the market. This requires insightfulness, confidence, eloquence and persuasiveness and the ability to support insights with evidence.
Using primary and secondary consumer research, the Senior Manager, Strategy identifies the moments and touch points when and where consumers are most open to brand contact and any key pre-conditions which must be met for this to be the case (receptivity insights). In an increasingly social world, they are also required to gain a good understanding of the nature of conversation online around the brands and what this means for both ongoing and initiative communications.
Senior Manager, Strategy is required to stay abreast of the competitive landscape as it pertains to creative work, brand tone, channel choices, use of media and ideas within the category (and any analogous categories), and have a clear idea of their brands’ own positioning clarity and appeal/lack of as it relates to the target.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years experience in Media-related business. Ideally in Research/Strategic Planning/Account Planning
- Familiarity with, and ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative research
- Strong client service experience
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to tactical planning
- Experience successfully bringing together people from different disciplines, internal and external to achieve desired outcomes
- Understanding of multiple communications channels and their role in brand marketing
- Commitment to delivering creative solutions, and the ability to align team members behind creative solutions
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.